Be careful with Innerspace in Big Pine!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear about your experience, Bouyant1, and thanks for posting. Having to make new arrangements on the fly adds a bit of unwelcome stress to a long awaited vacation. Hopefully your post alerted them to a glitch in their system as they transition to new owners.

Anyway, I just saw this thread and thought I ought to call Innerspace to check our reservations for later this week and next week. I'm happy to report that my call was answered on the first ring and all three days of our reservations were in order. They've been very friendly and professional both times I've called.

Good stuff....maybe they are getting it together! Getting new owners sounds like a positive for them!

Have a great trip!

Good stuff....maybe they are getting it together! Getting new owners sounds like a positive for them!

Have a great trip!

Now if Amoray's would come up for sale maybe it would get a new owner and there would be two more GOOD dive ops in the keys, Innerspace and Amoray's.....Wonder who would want to buy that place though??? Well, if anyone hears of Amoray's coming up for sale let me know, I may know somebody who would want to buy it and turn it into a decent place again!

Now if Amoray's would come up for sale maybe it would get a new owner and there would be two more GOOD dive ops in the keys, Innerspace and Amoray's.....Wonder who would want to buy that place though??? Well, if anyone hears of Amoray's coming up for sale let me know, I may know somebody who would want to buy it and turn it into a decent place again!

Didn't it get bulldozed when Cay Clubs bought up everything?

Still there and the boats are on the reef daily

No - that was the place(s) next door - a small motel and a boat dry storage place

PS - LOTS of good operators in the Key Largo/Islamorada area, always room for more, but HMS Minnow in KL and Conch Republic in Taverner are excellent.

That was Kelly's By The Bay and Aqua-Nut Divers that was bulldozed; they used to cooperate a lot with Amoray when they had big groups that would take over both properties and share both op's boats. Hobo's Restaurant and rack-n-stack were right there as well. The restaurant moved South but I don't know about the boat rack.

You're the second person I heard say some bad things about Amoray's..One of the guys I was with on my Duane trip was talking about them, and didn't have a whole lot of nice things to say. (he also said that Captain Slates was a decent opreation)

The people that I've dealt with barring this incident have all been great! Captains Corner in Key West, Tilden's and Capt. Hook's in Marathon, and Conch Republic and Blue Water in Key Largo. I was totally surprised when I walked into Innerspace, but as previously posted it sounds like they are getting on track.

I didnt say anything "bad" about them, just said if it was to come up for sale and "someone" bought it then there would be another GOOD dive op there. Sad part is I REALLY LIKE the layout and setup at Amoray's, ALOT!! It just needs someone to pay attention to it and bring it back up to the way it should be.

Captain Slate's?? That is the guy who feeds the barracuda and sharks over at the Elbow alot isnt it?

Yes and he is also Amy Slate of Amoray's ex-spouse. They have been in the dive business in the upper Keys for decades.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom