Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Per 6 July 2021 foreigners can only enter Indonesia if they are fully vaccinated. They have to stay in quarantine upon arrival for 8 days and undergo 2 PCR tests. There are no visa for tourists yet and this situation can last for a long time, I expect.

Per 6 July 2021 foreigners can only enter Indonesia if they are fully vaccinated. They have to stay in quarantine upon arrival for 8 days and undergo 2 PCR tests. There are no visa for tourists yet and this situation can last for a long time, I expect.

I weep for the people and a little bit for myself too

Bali cancels plans to open borders for international travelers by the end of July

If the article is right then the situation in Bali is not very grim.
Speed up the vaccination and stop any non fully vaccinated person from entering or leaving the island.
Phuket is a good example. However, Thai Gov has made a special case for Phuket from the start but from I had read it was the not case for Bali.
No international flight to Bali!!!! Jakarta is far more dangerous than Bali to get infected. Does not make any sense at all.

Bali cancels plans to open borders for international travelers by the end of July

If the article is right then the situation in Bali is not very grim.
Speed up the vaccination and stop any non fully vaccinated person from entering or leaving the island.
Phuket is a good example. However, Thai Gov has made a special case for Phuket from the start but from I had read it was the not case for Bali.
No international flight to Bali!!!! Jakarta is far more dangerous than Bali to get infected. Does not make any sense at all.

“Not very grim”?

I guess that is how one defines grim. From a COVID standpoint, things are not out of control but escalating every day.

From an economic standpoint...all one has to do is drive through the ghosttowns of Kuta or Seminyak. Rest assured, things are very, very grim.

I am talking the infection.
Bali and Phuket is entirely depend on tourism. In HK many shops are closed and certain service providers eg. tour guides are out of work for well over an yr. But at least we keep the local infection very low.
If the infection is in check then there is hope.

Tourists have been arriving in Phuket since 1st Jul albeit a small numbers but at least they are there.

“Not very grim”?
I guess that’s his definition of “Not very grim”
“According to data, there has been a fourfold increase in Bali for the last two weeks, from 50 cases to roughly 200 cases per day.”

I guess that’s his definition of “Not very grim”
“According to data, there has been a fourfold increase in Bali for the last two weeks, from 50 cases to roughly 200 cases per day.”
Are you looking for ZERO case?
4,630 cases in USA yesterday. 7 days average of 13,300 per day. 50% fully vaccinated.

Are you looking for ZERO case?
4,630 cases in USA yesterday. 7 days average of 13,300 per day. 50% fully vaccinated.
The US is nearly 100 times more people than Bali. Of course the numbers of cases will be larger.
if you are going to use data, use it correctly.

Reactions: Dan
The US is nearly 100 times more people than Bali. Of course the numbers of cases will be larger.
if you are going to use data, use it correctly.
I was answering to your fellow countryman.

200 cases is nothing! Singapore a city of slightly larger population has that issue last yr but dealt with it quickly. Also in HK for couple of times(wave), daily cases were in excess of 100 but we dealt with it successfully.
Bali is same as HK and Singapore ie an island. The spreading of the infection is relatively easier to control. Lock down a few risky areas and life will be back to "normal". Hospital beds are still available. No one died alone and had to wait for a day to have the body removed!
Cannot say the same about Jakarta which is porous. No difference from Bangkok, KL or Manila.

Back
Top Bottom