Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t work in any dive travel agency. I have no client. I just love going diving all over the world. I retired after 35 years of working as Chemical Engineer. Everyday is a holiday for me now. I mostly go on my own. Sometimes I bring my still working dive buddies as I’m assigned as a tour leader for my dive club. I would go to places that would accept me.

If Thailand would not accept my CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record as a proof that I have been fully vaccinated with Moderna vaccines with lot numbers, date of shots given, official stamp of the health care professionals printed on the card, then a loss of customer for them.

There are plenty of better diving destinations in this world. I have been going to other dive destinations that would accept me. Last December I was in Cocos (on Okeanos Aggressor). In January I was in Socorro (on Nautilus Belle Amie). In February I was in Belize (in Ramon’s Village Resort). In March I was in Maldives (on Carpe Vita & Emperor Leo). In May I was back to Socorro (I was leading my group that was planned 2+ years in advance to be on Nautilus Belle Amie). Next week I’ll be in Malpelo (on Ferox). In August I’ll be in Guadalupe Island (on Nautilus Belle Amie). In September I’ll be in Cocos again (this is another club trip planned 3 years ago to be on Argo). In October I’ll be in Tiger Beach (another club trip planned 2 years ago to be on Dolphin Dream). So do you get my drift?
Nice carbon footprint :wink:

Indeed. Unfortunately some of those decisions are entirely politically motivated.
USA has imposed travel restriction on 36 countries but countries like Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal and Pakistan are excluded. Does not make any sense to me personally giving the situation over there.

Phuket opened its door to fully vaccinated person without quarantine requirement, must stay on the island for the first 14 days before allowing to travel to other provinces, from certain approved countries yesterday. I hope the project is successful. But Phuket is a small island with under 500,000 registered inhabitants so it was not that difficult to achieve 70% of inoculation. Bali has 10 times the population and is a long way off to achieve the same figure.

"Herd immunity" theory is being tested in Phuket.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00728-2

GOOD LUCK
70% was mentioned as giving herd protection during the time of the Wuhan virus. Many scientists think that it should be closer to 100% now. Something which is not achievable. Definitely not when a vaccine protects less than 80% against becoming infected.

Yes. Found dead in bus stop, warung, Gojek, Ojek (motorcycle taxi) as they have to work while sick. The Delta symptoms is fast. One week, you collapse & dead. Graveyard was overwhelming.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ta-gravediggers-chart-indonesias-covid-battle
So, one person died in the street? Of course, this happens all the time, everywhere. London, Amsterdam and Jakarta. Not much to do with what is happening now. The situation is becoming very bad indeed. Something many people (including me) tried to warn for since last year. And now we are close to the tipping point where he healthcare system in parts of Indonesia could collaps. Good news is that the Indonesian government sees this reality and tries to implant better regulations under a Emergency Law. No domestic travel without at least one shot and either PCR or Antigen test. Incoming foreigners (no tourists yet) only allowed to enter when fully vaccinated plus testing and 5 days quarantine. Java and Bali are going is a sort of partial lockdown until the situation improves. Vaccination rate now around 800.000 shots per day. Should be 2 million by August. But this still sounds as wishful thinking to me. At the moment about 7% fully vaccinated with mostly Sinovac and less with AstraZeneca.

70% was mentioned as giving herd protection during the time of the Wuhan virus. Many scientists think that it should be closer to 100% now. Something which is not achievable. Definitely not when a vaccine protects less than 80% against becoming infected.
No vaccine can offer 100% protection.
What is the mortality rate for fully vaccinated Indonesian?
What is the % of those fully vaccinated persons to be admitted to hospital?
What is the mortality rate for non vaccinated Indonesian?
2.2m infected and just under 59,000 dead = 2.7%. Assuming they were all non vaccinated.

If the vaccine can further reduce the number of death as well as serious enough to be admitted to hospital then it is doing a decent job.
Better than nothing.

No vaccine can offer 100% protection.
What is the mortality rate for fully vaccinated Indonesian?
What is the % of those fully vaccinated persons have to be admitted to hospital?
What is the mortality rate for non vaccinated Indonesian?
2.2m infected and just under 59,000 dead = 2.7%. Assuming they were all non vaccinated.
I think that the mortality rate for fully vaccinated persons (means 2 weeks after secon shot) should be close to zero.
But nobody has these data yet.
I think we should vaccinate as many people and as fast as possible. Should be the main national target. But we will never reach herd immunity, or actually herd protection. This 2.7% will rise very fast now.

I think that the mortality rate for fully vaccinated persons (means 2 weeks after secon shot) should be close to zero.
But nobody has these data yet.
I think we should vaccinate as many people and as fast as possible. Should be the main national target. But we will never reach herd immunity, or actually herd protection. This 2.7% will rise very fast now.
It is NOT zero.
Covid-19 Killed 26 Indonesian Doctors in June—at Least 10 Had Taken China’s Sinovac Vaccine
This has been reported.
Nothing is 100%

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom