Indonesia: Bali set to welcome tourists in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Graphs say more than words. The most scary word at the moment: Exponential . The pandemic is now spreading very fast all over the archipelago . Steep rising numbers at Papua, Maluku and Sulawesi as well. In 3 weeks from less than 300 deaths to more than 1.000 daily, with the sharpest rise this last week. Indonesia COVID: 2,379,397 Cases and 62,908 Deaths - Worldometer

How are you keeping you and yours safe? (Or at least attempting to)

My heart goes out to you all. Our desire to travel to a place we love is nothing compared to what Indonesians are enduring. May things improve sooner rather than later.

How are you keeping you and yours safe? (Or at least attempting to)
Thanks. We are personally doing excellent. Living far from busy city life at our beautiful Divers Lodge Lembeh with only one employee left here at the moment. Schools since March 2020 are online only. My now 15 year old son and I have much fun plus physical exercise with our Oculus Quest 2 VR. And further we enjoy Spotify, Netflix, and for me a small library. Fortunately most people we know took the pandemic serious from the start. Maybe also a little bit because we hammered it into their heads. And now most of the people in our nearer circle have been vaccinated or will be as soon as they get the opportunity. As a small miracle we did not lose anybody of our near family yet. Several got pretty sick but were lucky enough already vaccinated before. We will see how things develop the next couple of months. Maybe we can prevent to end up in the same situation as Brazil. And we can only wish there will not be an "Indonesian" variant soon.

UK was the first, followed by South Africa, Brazil and then India.
What is the similarity? All of them have large outbreak of infection.
Indonesia has every chance to develop her own variant but the end result could be completely different. No one can predict what the mutation will bring for the next one or one after next.

And the sky is blue and water is wet. Any other amazing insights to offer?
Sky is NOT always blue.
Obvious comment for someone who could not foresee the issue.
Americans have Pfizer/Moderna/Johnson but here in SE Asia most of them are relied on sinovac/sinopharm.

That is for USA.
Would there be enough left over to supply rest of the world?
BioNTec and Moderna are also mRNA vaccine.

Sky is pretty clear for USA but different story for Indonesia etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom