Indonesia: Bali set to welcome tourists in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You sound surprised. Who do you suppose usually absorbs these (theoretical) costs?

No, maybe I should have found some emoji for "jaded." Uncertainty imposed upon airlines--or any business--has a cost, and they pass it on to us. It's an interesting thought that if pandemics and resulting unpredictable shutdowns become more common in the future, airfares might rise to reflect the cost of that uncertainty. More optimistically, maybe this one will teach us how to handle them better.

Fare would no doubt be increased to recover the lost.
Plane might not be allow to pack like sardine another reason for fare increases.
Restaurants, shopping malls or whatnot would have to improve air circulation/purifying etc etc.

A wake up call!

We left

We left Bali today. There is a lot of confusion as to what is going on but seems like the new lock down will have even more of a negative effect on the already hard hit tourism industry.
There was only domestic tourism since March 2020. No tourist visa since then. And domstic tourism is really the very last thing we need now. The only confusion left now is how to deal with foreigners who staying outside Jakarta and have to catch a flight out of the country. They should have at least one vaccination shot to be allowed to travel to Jakarta (plus PCR test) , and many found it difficult to get this shot. Or do not even like the idea. Probably there will be a temporary exception to this rule. If so, it should be published today.

There was only domestic tourism since March 2020. No tourist visa since then. And domstic tourism is really the very last thing we need now. The only confusion left now is how to deal with foreigners who staying outside Jakarta and have to catch a flight out of the country. They should have at least one vaccination shot to be allowed to travel to Jakarta (plus PCR test) , and many found it difficult to get this shot. Or do not even like the idea. Probably there will be a temporary exception to this rule. If so, it should be published today.

I was brought into the country by some folks in Jakarta so definitely not on a tourist visa. Business still has to get done…I arrived in country June 10 and was out on July 2 and it was far from a Holiday.

I am completely vaccinated and have had the virus Feb 2020 and while I was there we had 4 COVID tests.

I was brought into the country by some folks in Jakarta so definitely not on a tourist visa. Business still has to get done…I arrived in country June 10 and was out on July 2 and it was far from a Holiday.

I am completely vaccinated and have had the virus Feb 2020 and while I was there we had 4 COVID tests.
Thank you. It confirms what I mentioned, isn' t it?

Thank you. It confirms what I mentioned, isn' t it?

I got the virus before I had the vaccination. My work required the actual vaccine even though I had the virus.

The partial lockdown in Bali is until 19th Jul and if that does not stop the spreading then probably it will be extended and expended to other areas on the island.
What is happening in other parts of the country is none of Bali concern.
The only concern is the availability of vaccine.
Bali is an island of 4m population. How difficult it is to contain the spreading of an contagious disease? If they cannot do it then Indonesia is beyond hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom