Indonesia: Bali set to welcome tourists in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indonesia will stop issuing visas for foreigners who have been in India in the past 14 days to prevent the spread of different coronavirus strains, a government minister said on Friday.

Canada stopped flights from India today . . .finally.

It may be too little too late though as the Indian variant has made it over to Canada. So barn door closed after the horse got out but so far, the horse is contained. Sigh

It may be too little too late though as the Indian variant has made it over to Canada. So barn door closed after the horse got out but so far, the horse is contained. Sigh

I don't understand the attitude of some governments to declare no flights from X next Friday because of a new variant. Surely it should be done immediately!

It's a bit like saying well we'll plug the hole in the hull of a boat after six hours .... WTF

I don't understand the attitude of some governments to declare no flights from X next Friday because of a new variant. Surely it should be done immediately!

It's a bit like saying well we'll plug the hole in the hull of a boat after six hours .... WTF
Because it is much easier and the airlines don't complain as much. Imagine if they said "effectively immediately." What do you do with the planes in the air, about to land? Or taking off 1 hour from now, with people at the airport waiting to board? Who pays all the additional associated costs?

Who pays all the additional associated costs?

That's what insurance is for.

So in other words, we the passengers ultimately pay the (increased airfare) cost.

You sound surprised. Who do you suppose usually absorbs these (theoretical) costs?

Agree.
It is easy said than done! Non-stop flight is easy but how about those required stop in between.
I believe 24hrs notice is enough.
As for the stranded passengers, tough luck.
Stranded passengers is everywhere so nothing new.

Paris airport: Algerian passengers from UK stranded for weeks

Over 350 Irish residents stranded in UK return home on repatriation flights | BreakingNews.ie

'We just want to come home:' Hong Kong citizens and residents stranded in the UK after gov't travel ban plead for help | Hong Kong Free Press HKFP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom