Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vaccination is important but also require other stringent policies as well eg restriction of movement etc etc.
Bali is a small island of 4m and if the infection could not be controlled then what is the hope for the others.

Pick a city/place.

New York City, twice the population and how about vaccination rate?

COVID-19: Latest Data - NYC Health

Bali is NOT grim.
NYC looks OK to me. The cases are going down look at the chart, below.

You are barking at the wrong tree. What you need to worry is those places where the charts are going up. We’ll see again what happens to NYC in 2 weeks after the 4th of July.

6B4813FD-9031-49C1-885D-810D003C7C1D.jpeg

200 daily cases is grim!!! What a joke.
Some people has already forgot what was like 12 months ago when vaccine was not even an option!

New York: total 2.11m cases and 53,109 deaths.
First case was recorded on 1st Mar 2020 ie about 490 days ago. Daily average: 4,300 and 100 deaths. Not grim at all.

Who has been barking? LOL.
609k deaths! Peanut.

200 daily cases is grim!!! What a joke.
Some people has already forgot what was like 12 months ago when vaccine was not even an option!

New York: total 2.11m cases and 53,109 deaths.
First case was recorded on 1st Mar 2020 ie about 490 days ago. Daily average: 4,300 and 100 deaths. Not grim at all.

Who has been barking? LOL.
609k deaths! Peanut.

Bali, like the rest of Indonesia, is under reporting. So, the numbers mean nothing. What we need to see is the trend and it is going up 4x.

The situation is manageable, as long as the hospital can handle the influx of new patients. From the article you posted, "Hospital bed occupancy rates on the island remain less than 50%, while Java was approaching 100%." So from that point of view, it's not as bad as in Java. However, as long as the trend shows the new cases increase at quadruple rate with no sign of leveling off, much less trending down, that situation is grim.

Bali, like the rest of Indonesia, is under reporting. So, the numbers mean nothing. What we need to see is the trend and it is going up 4x.

The situation is manageable, as long as the hospital can handle the influx of new patients. From the article you posted, "Hospital bed occupancy rates on the island remain less than 50%, while Java was approaching 100%." So from that point of view, it's not as bad as in Java. However, as long as the trend shows the new cases increase at quadruple rate with no sign of leveling off, much less trending down, that situation is grim.
I would like to stand corrected and told that the situation in Indonesia will not become as bad as in Brazil for example. The numbers outside Java are rising very fast now as well. This Delta variant seems to be a total diferent ball game.

I would like to stand corrected and told that the situation in Indonesia will not become as bad as in Brazil for example. The numbers outside Java are rising very fast now as well. This Delta variant seems to be a total diferent ball game.
Nah! Not grim according to the HK guy, who seems to know better than the local. LOL.

Nah! Not grim according to the HK guy, who seems to know better than the local. LOL.
I gave up to find the logic in the comments of Centrals. Also because I have the impression he very often contradicts himself. Anyway, you cannot learn something you think you already know. Until now 5% of the population (277 million) has been fully vaccinated. But in many parts of Indonesia it is less than 2%. I cannot find any models which are made for a situation such as this. I do not even know the Ro number for the Delta variant for an area where hardly anybody has been infected before. My personal idea is that Indonesia jumped from the original Wuhan variant to the Delta variant. Without much influence from the other variants in between. We are definitely not prepared for this. Comparable with generals being prepared for the previous war. It seems that other countries in this part of the world are facing the same problems.

Hong Kong seems to be infected with Dunning Kruger - no vaccine for that I’m afraid. Really bad case. Typically coupled with a large dose of sesquipadalian verbosity. I’d avoid if at all possible.

I gave up to find the logic in the comments of Centrals. Also because I have the impression he very often contradicts himself. Anyway, you cannot learn something you think you already know. Until now 5% of the population (277 million) has been fully vaccinated. But in many parts of Indonesia it is less than 2%. I cannot find any models which are made for a situation such as this. I do not even know the Ro number for the Delta variant for an area where hardly anybody has been infected before. My personal idea is that Indonesia jumped from the original Wuhan variant to the Delta variant. Without much influence from the other variants in between. We are definitely not prepared for this. Comparable with generals being prepared for the previous war. It seems that other countries in this part of the world are facing the same problems.
Indonesia cases are still steeply climbing with no sign of inflection. So, follow the COVID-19 protocol and stay safe my friend!

5046F49E-F96A-4FB8-8581-100F4EA45E8F.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom