Bag Drag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess i should have looked into this.... but did not.
Already booked into Cancun. My thought at the time was that by the time I waited for the plane i could be on my way over...

I guess i should have looked into this.... but did not.
Already booked into Cancun. My thought at the time was that by the time I waited for the plane i could be on my way over...
:confused: You're going to Cozumel, right? What are you booked for exactly?

I am scheduled to arrive at 12:30pm.
Ok I don't know where you're landing or what you wished you had considered earlier, but hope the info helps you get to Coz comfortably. Have a great trip. :pilot:

Did the bag drag once in 2005. Never again, as long as prices to CZM stay reasonable, which I don't expect to be a problem considering the number of divers and flights landing there regularly. Going from CZM airport to hotel check-in in 10 minutes, why drag a bag from CUN.

Is it possible to get them to check your bag through to your final destination so you don't have to haul it between terminals and recheck?

Well it also depends on where you are. Alot of Balt/DC stuff runs to Dallas and Houston and then flys back to Coz. Talking like 6 hours on the planes, 8 or more hours total. Direct to Cancun is between 3-4 and you avoid that whole pickup the bags, clear customs and recheck on the way back.
Figure 50 minutes to Playa with a $35 transfer. If you miss the ferry, you wait a little, but the seats and view at Senor Frogs beats an Airbus anytime.

Is it possible to get them to check your bag through to your final destination so you don't have to haul it between terminals and recheck?

I don't think it's possible, at least I didn't see anywhere in Terminal #3 (where all the majors come in) where you could check them to Terminal #1 where Mayair is located.

Plus you have just come out of customs in Terminal #3 and have to go through security at Terminal #1 so you might have to go through it all again in Cozumel because you have touched (reclaimed) your bags and have to recheck them somewhere.

Mexico might be different but I know in the states if you recheck your bags they have to go through security again.

Maybe if you were flying AeroMexico since they book for Mayair on their web site.

Nope. It's the port of entry.

I came around to the point that CVchief raised... For the same reasons. If I cannot fly direct into Cozumel, I am by definition making a connection somewhere.
Cancun puts me a lot closer than Houston.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom