Bag-Drag timing - 3:45 arr into Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe it is a universal truth that you will always arrive at the ferry 5 minutes after the last one left.

Sn Frogs is on the right next to the ferry. Get the cold beer in a bottle. They like to hand out the plastic yard of beer on tap. That is terrible.

You might get ahold of cvchiefs van guy, His prices are about 50-60% of the official taxi rates and the service is nicer

I remember the cobblestones / long walk from the street to the ferry terminal from last time. It's clearly arranged to make the tourists walk past the bars and stores to get to ferry.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way round. The path was there first and the businesses you cite moved in to take advantage of the foot traffic.

You might get ahold of cvchiefs van guy, His prices are about 50-60% of the official taxi rates and the service is nicer
I already contacted cvchiefs guy, Jose Hernandez Rivera - forsale_jose@hotmail.com, same guy I used 2.5 years ago. He quoted me $110 USD for the private van roundtrip, which seems to be the same as one big company charges, and more than the $99 the company he works for charges (American Transfers Cancun - Price Table Airport - Hotel and Tours). He was great last time, and I don't mind paying the going rate, but I thought he was cutting some sort of deal.
@cvchief what has Jose been charging you recently for the roundtrip bag drag?

780 peso plus tip for up to 4 people

I should be getting free as much business as I send him.

You used to have to negotiate with him. Also I think he is so popular, he might be farming out the extras? But try negotiating. Pesos is always cheaper if you got them.

We are actually going into Cozumel today. Just left Hou Hobby.

780 peso plus tip for up to 4 people

I should be getting free as much business as I send him.

You used to have to negotiate with him. Also I think he is so popular, he might be farming out the extras? But try negotiating. Pesos is always cheaper if you got them.

We are actually going into Cozumel today. Just left Hou Hobby.
780 peso for round-trip or one-way? That's like $39 at current rates, no?
Safe travels and enjoy your time in Coz - we can't wait until Jan 17th.

So let us know how it goes.

+1 for taking the bus from the airport and then hiring a tricyclo guy right outside the bus station to take you and your bags to the ferry. I normally do an overnight stop in PdC for a change of pace before Cozumel and have a blast riding on the tricyclo to my budget hotel. He loads my bags, puts a rudimentary seat in front of the handlebars for me to sit on and away we go! I get his phone # and then call when it's time to trundle me to the ferry. They are hardworking guys who charge way to little. Good tip is in order.

Attachments

• Coztricyclo2019.jpeg
    Coztricyclo2019.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 83

Back
Top Bottom