Ferry & bag drag - current status

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting. I thought Europa was moving over there while the build the condo on the site Europa is on now?

And I thought the Federal Route that got permission for was the regular playa pier to CZM pier. Like Barcos Caribe did.

Interesting. I thought Europa was moving over there while the build the condo on the site Europa is on now?

And I thought the Federal Route that got permission for was the regular playa pier to CZM pier. Like Barcos Caribe did.
Time will tell, I guess.

I dug up the article. Sounds like just a 3rd ferry.

From the article above

In October of 2019, Grupo Xcaret acquired the two vessels. At the time, Miguel Quintana Pali, president of the Xcaret Group, reported that they had acquired the 650-capacity person vessels and planned to set sail from a berth on the beachfront of the Xcaret park for which they had already obtained the Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources permits.

He explained that the vessels would be used to cross between Cozumel and their Riviera Maya theme parks.

“We are trying to bring passengers, cruise tourists from Cozumel because the complaint is the way they have to get to Playa del Carmen is to get off a boat and take one or two shuttles to get to our parks.

“We have already acquired two passenger ships (…) they will go pick up tourists at the Cozumel docks and bring them to our land,” he explained.

Instead, they began operating the Isla Mujeres-Cancun Hotel Zone run in December of 2021. There has not been any official date released as to when they will begin to offer the service or if it will run Cozumel-Xcaret theme parks as initially planned, or if they will run Cozumel-Playa del Carmen instead.

This does not sound like it will be of much interest or help to the bag drag folks or general ferry crossing passengers.

Agree ReefHound. I believe it's to make it easier for Cozumel tourists to go to Xcaret and back.

Would be an option for Cozumel divers that want to dive the cenotes? Forgive my Yucatan geography; I searched and saw Playa Nudista and got sidetracked. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom