Bad breathing gas on liveaboard trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any word yet on what the LOB will do about a refund?

Not to make light of the subject, but I feel your pain.

Do not put the new CPAP machine on the floor. Not right by where the Saint Bernard sleeps. The flatulent Saint Bernard. Yes. That. Dog fart.

Sucked into a contraption and concentrated and pushed under pressure directly into the nose. It will wake you.

But no, the line should make it right - even a 100% refund or even a free re-booking is still too little recompense. It was no small inconvenience (especially if you took precious vacation time to go) and related travel costs...

I would probably have lost all patience by this point in similar circumstances.

OMMOHY

This sounds like the Aggressor Fleet. Good luck getting them to admit anything or refund anything.
That was my first thought but didn't not want to be the first to post it.

For the OP I would not accept anything less than full refund (not a credit). Getting it is another story. Why a refund? Money was spent on travel that can not be refunded. Good luck.

Oh one question, what did you do for the rest of the week? Did you go back to port?

I should note, we have CO monitor and use it to check every cylinder.

That was my first thought but didn't not want to be the first to post it.

For the OP I would not accept anything less than full refund (not a credit). Getting it is another story. Why a refund? Money was spent on travel that can not be refunded. Good luck.

Can you give info on where to get a CO monitor that works for scuba?

Can you give info on where to get a CO monitor that works for scuba?

Here’s one

Most fill stations I’ve used have some inline monitor plumbed into the system. I assume it’s looking for CO, and will sound an alarm if it smells any? (Not experienced with these things, I just pay for the service and trust them to provide it) Is that not a common feature on liveaboard compressor systems? If not, would a boat usually have a tank monitor like yours to check random samples or suspect tanks, if not every cylinder? Was this operator lax in apparently not having one or is that just how it is? Kinda weird to be self-reliant for this sort of thing: do you have to personally check there’s no pesky holes in the ships hull too?!

Divers survived though, guess that’s also a reliable way to verify no CO was present despite other mysterious contamination…

Back
Top Bottom