August 4th Meet, Greet, and Shore Dive Dania Beach, Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok guys it is rock and roll time
if you are doing a night dive please bring an underwaterlight, glowstick, dive flag (optional) we have a few flags and a blinky thing for your dive flag would also be very helpful but not required .. I know Justin has one and now so do I so we will at least have 2 blinky thingies.
See you guys soon .... weather calls for thunderstorms to be clear by 8 pm ..... perrrrrrrfect :wink:
Kim P

Dragracer:
The truck is loaded. We're heading out around 6pm. Looking torward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Staying a Luckeys Motel. If anyone else is staying there call me at 352-346-2346. We'll meet for breakfast.

I don't know how your taste in hotels goes, but there is a Motel 6 on Dania Beach Blvd, about 5 minutes from the beach and a couple hundred yards from the dive shop.

Divergirl4u:
.. I know Justin has one and now so do I so we will at least have 2 blinky thingies.

It's all about the blinky thingies. That's why I was a fireman you know...

I'm all about some blinky lights.. :) Speaking of lights, I'll have a couple extra glowsticks if anyone needs.

I'll gladly take anyone's used glowsticks, either still glowing or not. I use them as weights for practicing poi(very effective and teaches one not to hit themselves). lol :)

I picked up a pair of Steel95's. I figured I'll use more air than all the experienced divers. I'm hoping by getting a bigger tank that'll help compensate for that and I wont be cause of needing to end the dive. :p

I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!

Getting packed up to head out early in the morning.

Bringing some fried chicken, 3 pounds of potato salad, gallon of fruit punch, pound of oatmeal raisin cookies.

Shouden..... may need to get two glowsticks from you. I've never done a night dive from a boat and didn't think about needing glowsticks.

See y'all in the morning!

How about Deerfield Ledges on the 5th. Its a bunch of rock ledges about 3/4 a mile south of the pier. Lobsters and other critters live around the rocks. Divers access is just south of the pink condo call the Cove beach club condo. There is a sand path on the south boarder or the codo and north or the public beach area. Diver and Kayakers are permitted to use this path. Once on the Beach there is a rock pile to the north. This is a good place to camp.

parking is beach side so very little to get to the site, about 75 feet from the sand to the reef. the reef goes out about 125ft.

It is common to use south parking of the condo to drop off gear, but parking is metered. $0.25 for 15 min, and runs up and down the beach on Ocean Way as well as up SE 5th St. Parking is 6AM to 11PM
The is a $6 dollar garage just noth of Hillsboro on Federal about 1/2 mile north of the spot.

I was thinking this is a good place to beach dive

Getting there is simple, take I95 to Hillsboro Blv east, then go south on A1A to SE 5ht St. once at the condo go to the south side.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&view=text&geocode=&saddr=Ft.+Lauder dale,+FL&daddr=500+SE+21st+Ave,Deerfield+Beach,+FL &sll=26.30855,-80.10899&sspn=0.065553,0.1157&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

Kim P asked me to post the name and address of the condo starting Saturday night 4-aug -07
The Ventura-World Wide Vacations Club
2301 S. Ocean Blvd.
Boca Raton, FL , 33432

call kim at 813-900-9655 for unit number after 5pm on Saturday

OBXDIVEGUY:
I guess brign whatever hasn't been mentioned that you want to have there.

There will probably be plenty of dive flags, we will divide up into groups though if necessary so we're not all running into eachother, so you might need yours.

The parking takes bills and quarters.
Thanks for your help OBX. See ya all in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom