August 2012 in Cozumel (Its a dry heat....)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ scubadude isn't on the list is he? BLOW IT UP again!! The lines wrap on my Iphone, but I DEAL with it! BIG!!!! I NEED BIG!!!

Besides this is a BIG AUGUST!!! DD and I are gonna paint the town red!! First time in Coz together. It may warp the space time continuum.

(and I will even beat DD to the explanation. Henry de La Poer Beresford, 3rd Marquess of Waterford I don't know where I can sign us up for foxhunting. They got any steeple chase in El Cedral?)

:mostlysunny:
mrcool.gif
The Official August 2012 (It's a dry heat....) List
[FONT=&amp]

06/06/12 - 08/03/12 hlcdlc; Private Home - Blue XT Sea Diving
07/24/12 - 08/03/12 Basscat; Hotel Plaza Cozumel - Blue XT Sea Diving
07/28/12 - 08/04/12 Craig 66 & daughter; Casa Mexicana -Blue XT Sea Diving
07/28/12 - 08/07/12 Qnape, Mrs. Q & dtr Christine; Cozumel Palace -Blue XT Sea Diving
07/28/12 - 08/18/12 jlyle; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
07/31/12 - 08/11/12 Pidgiepoo & Husband; Iberostar - Dive with Martin
08/03/12 - 08/10/12 WTFOver; Cozumel Palace - Aldora
08/03/12 - 08/12/12 Sue Sue & Michael; Villa Escondida -Blue XT Sea Diving
08/05/12 - 08/10/12 Mawg and Mrs. M; Presidente InterContinental-Scuba Du ?
08/08/12 – 08/12/12 gorock; Sabor- ?
08/09/12 - 08/13/12 weezer; Villa Aldora - Aldora
08/09/12 - 08/27/12 bgda, 5 divers total; Paradise Condos - Opal's Dream
08/11/12 - 08/18/12 Jerry B & 2 other divers; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/16/12 - 08/25/12 cvchief, Susanita, Family (15 total); Las Ventanas- Scuba with Alison
08/19/12 - 08/26/12 prosdog & Son; Blue Angel Resort - Blue Angel Resort
08/19/12 - 08/26/12 DandyDon; Hotel Cozumel - Opal’s Dream
08/23/12 – 08/27/12 aliciamlls & John ; El Cozumeleno Resort - ?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Later in August ? tom_n_tacoma and Mrs. tnt; Private Home - Blue Angel[/FONT]

---------- Post Merged at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Did I miss something ??? AZ Scubadude is NOT an August HOT-Cool dude ?????? If not, this should be rectified !! Well bless my font size 4 britches and burn the matches !!! :bonk: Oh well, I have come to the conclusion that our group is sooooooooo Hot and Cooooool, that we can't be boxed into just one font size. BIG, small or wrapped for that matter, we got it going on !!

COME ON AUGUST !!!!!!!!:yeahbaby:

Sue Sue aka Hot Mamma Jamma :jb:

Hey Hot Mamma Jamma,

I checked the list and I don't see him but I didnt have my glasses on....

MR+MAGOO+READING+COLOR+CROP.jpg

I think AZScubadude is messing with our August, trying to rein us in man. I can't have it August has to live big and free!!!

easyrider51.jpg

(That's DD with the gold helmet behind me. I told him I would give him a ride to Caleta....) (We rolled his pony in that red and black plaid to protect it.....)

Last edited:
AZ scubadude isn't on the list is he? BLOW IT UP again!!

Did I miss something ??? AZ Scubadude is NOT an August HOT-Cool dude ?????? If not, this should be rectified !!

I've been watching the flights.. been there in August for the last 3 years in a row and love it.. Hot & Humid !! Since United changes their flight schedule in August it takes some serious flight maneuvering for me to get there out of Phoenix.

Met Don and others two years ago at Sonora Grill for a meet & greet. Lots of diving at SCC with Merfman and his wife Jen one time, Jim Lyle and wife Deborah (and group) another time as well as Rick and Emily from North Carolina last August and then saw Rick and Emily again on my April trip this year but it was the day I was leaving after another two great weeks of diving.

So don't count me out yet.. but it might be a last minute booking this year.

Some of the Sonora Grill group

No one ever reminds me! I just have to think: See a camera pointed my way? Suck the gut in...! :mad:

Notice the name tags? Had one for each of about 20. Everyone got called by name. :D

No one ever reminds me! I just have to think: See a camera pointed my way? Suck the gut in...! :mad:

Stand next to me this year. No one will notice it on you.....

Add one more for Scuba Club Cozumel. I'll be there solo from July 27 thru August 4. Professor Lyle mentored me on the decision - thanks, Doc!

First time in Coz, looking forward to learning the ups and downs and diving with a bunch of you. Question: Is the water warm enough for just a shorty, or do I need the full 3mm suit? Question 2: I'm a relatively new photographer, working with an Olympus XZ-1 and the relatively low-powered UFL-1 strobe, which pretty much illuminates only within 3 feet of the subject. Are the drift currents so strong that the strobe is essentially useless? Or will there be dives where I'll have adequate hang time? (I've done drift diving before, most recently in Boynton Beach, but from some of what I read in here, Coz sounds like a giant rip tide.)

July/August a 3mm shorty might even be too much. Maybe only a skin. When I was there last September I dove with just a rash guard and was comfortable - YMMV. The rate of the drift varies from dive to dive - I've even had the current totally reverse 1/2 way through a dive. Shore dives from SCC you'll be able to sit in front of your subject for the whole dive if you so desire.

Randy,

Thermal protection is a very personal choice. I'll be in a full 3/2 suit. My wife will be in a full 7mm with hooded vest!

Diving with a camera in a strong current is an acquired skill.

I look forward to meeting you at SCC.

I love Cozumel any time of the year. As i posted earlier,, Ill be staying at the Paradise Condos next to Chankanaab. Diving with Dive with Martin Aug 9 thru Aug 26. Ill have my 14 yr old newly certified daughter along. If any other family groups would like to get together I would love it as im certain she will be loking for some friends her age to hang with.

Back
Top Bottom