The August 21, 2012 Scubaboard Get Together and Dandy Don Birthday Spectactular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The August 21, 2012 ScubaBoard Get Together and Dandy Don Birthday Spectacular

Or as on the t-shirts:
TA2012SBGTDDBSaEM

OK, Folks it is time to sign up for the August 21 ScubaBoard get together to celebrate the birthday of our favorite prolific poster, Dandy Don.
birthday.gif
Love him or not, you can't ignore him!

1-8.jpg

Meet the Man, the Myth, the Legend, the old guy on the left, August 21st at El Moro, 75 Bis Norte 124 Entre 4 y 2 El Moro Home Page. What time? Hey its Mexico. Try to arrive between 630 and 700pm. If you are late, come anyway. If you are early, don't drink all the tequila! If possible, let us know you planning on coming for the headcount. There isn't even a cover charge for this high profile event!! We aren't sure if the City will come through on the fireworks. As a special gift, DD will be giving out FREE opinions, ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

Don't know where El Moro is? Don't worry every cab driver does. You have not completed your tour of culinary Cozumel without a visit to El Moro. Ray, one of the family, runs the front of the house and could not be a more gracious host. The food is excellent.

Tips for El Moro:
Mole is one thing they are know for. Try it. Seriously, ask Ray to try the mole. He will bring you some to test with a chip or tortilla. It is EVEN better over some enchiladas or chicken.
The Zacariah platter is also awesome, but you have to find a friend to split it will. Trust me if I say split, you must split.
Shrimp on a wire is also raved about, though I can't personally vouch for that one. (I know. Something I haven't tried there. Shocking.)
Pork Yucateca is a pork chop butterflied and flattened. Seasoned with a Yucatan spice combo, a Mayan kind of spice blend, the pork has a bit of tomato base built up to create a rich spice flavor. Not spicy hot, but rather a complex flavor.
To go with the appetizer chips, try some frijoles and caso. Makes a nice chip topper and fun for you friends and loved ones all night long....
They are also known for their butter pecan ice cream. I never made it that far!

Let's make July sad and September quake in its shoes with the biggest, bestest Scubaboard Spectacular EVER. Let your August shine!
Respond here and let us know you are coming!!!!

No need to bring presents, but if you do DD likes safety, so I think he is on the gift registry at DAN and the US Coast Guard. I believe the portable recompression chamber and the HH-65 Dolphin are still available. (Get the Dolphin with the folding rotors, so it will fit in a checked bag...) I personally am going to give him a hard time, but don't tell him. I want to surprise him!

Guest list so far: (Get in early, as I think El Moro can only seat like 100 people....)

Dandy Don (the birthday boy!)
CVChief and the fam (15 total)
RedCross Deb
JenLovestoDive

Gulp... accidents seem to happen whenever Don posts! Just teasing ya, buddy.

will be there.......

I think I have a night dive planned that night? Oh wait, that's Tuesday? Ok, got nothing better to do, so I'll stop by ~ thanks... :eyebrow:

I hate it when people say "I thought you were taller?" :cowboy:

The August 21, 2012 ScubaBoard Get Together and Dandy Don Birthday Spectacular

Or as on the t-shirts:
TA2012SBGTDDBSaEM

Meet the Man, the Myth, the Legend, the old guy , August 21st at El Moro,

Guest list so far:

Dandy Don (the birthday boy!)
CVChief. Susanita and the fam (15 total)
RedCross Deb
JenLovestoDive

Merchant
Prosdog and the Little Dog

Get signing up people. This one you DO NOT want to miss. It may be illegal next year. We will be putting on the ritz, Cozumel style.

Karibelle? Christi? Give the DD some love now and get on that list!

I am thinking of going with my white tux. Do you think it looks ok? Is not too much? I like wear it to play chess too....

bogart-casablanca.jpg

Deb said she had some torn US$, US coins, and some foreign money to trade. She didn't say how much, but surely you and I can handle it. "Yes, I brought you goodies from my trip. Look at these coins from places you never heard of. Now get on Wikipedia and read about their origins - or the CIA Fact book!"

If you can, add one for Don's birthday bash!

Chris

I could have sworn that I'd turned off the sink faucet before I got in the shower. Slow overflow. Been mopping...!!

OMG!!!!! All I can say CV is .....

TAKE PICTURES!!!!!!

Or if all else fails, and they cart the whole rowdy bunch of you off ....please have Carlos post your mugshots!
:D

You need a more recent one than this!!!:shocked2:

Couldn't find DD's ... he must have paid the bribe money to have it deleted from the records! lol!!

mugshot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom