The August 21, 2012 Scubaboard Get Together and Dandy Don Birthday Spectactular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Possibly the first report.

Great group of folks. Good turnout.

I missed gasgirl....sigh.

The Myth, the Legend, The Old Guy:

View attachment 133357

Eat your heart out, September! August racks up Dandy Don Birthday + 27 Peep = Big Party!!!

[youtubehq]dcsJj3Vsxyk[/youtubehq]

[youtubehq]Tr81wiR4QUM[/youtubehq]

[youtubehq]dWS3o-tqFA8[/youtubehq]

I thought Chief was joking about turning the Scuba Board dinner gathering into a birthday spectacular, but he really pulled it off so well…!

It was the largest SB dinner I’ve seen on Cozumel. True, 15 were from Chief’s family party, but that was honest cheating. It was great to see Red Cross Deb again, super to meet Jen, and many more SBers whose names will escape me until I get chewed out for my lousy memory - as well as meeting Chief’s delightful family. We met up at El Moro’s which is certainly over a mile from any tourist area, an interesting locals neighborhood to be sure. Really some interesting sights.

El Moro’s is a fun café with great food. If you’ve never had moro sauce, I’d have to described it as chocolate based barbeque; it you have, you are welcome to disagree; whatever - it was great, and so reasonably priced. The puppy wandering around our feet made it feel like home at that.

Fun place indeed as seen in the clips above. Things got a little scary with the birthday cake, but he pulled it off without an emergency. Chief even went overboard and got me a BD gift. I considered wearing it home, but saving it for its maiden voyage.

You shouldn’t have Chief, but thanks a lot for doing ti all…!!

Sorry I missed the big event!! I am down with a really bad sinus infection and cough now - so I am sure you all appreciate that I wasn't there coughing all over everyone :( I don't want to send anyone home from, vacation getting sick!

Happy birthday Don!

My allergies have been irritating this trip, one of the things I try to escape when I come down. Maybe I've visited enough to develop new exposure allergies? Hope you feel better soon, Christi.

Sorry I missed the big event!! I am down with a really bad sinus infection and cough now - so I am sure you all appreciate that I wasn't there coughing all over everyone :( I don't want to send anyone home from, vacation getting sick!

Happy birthday Don!

Hope you feel better Christi!

Thanks guys! Me too - at this point, competing in my triathlon on Sunday is not looking too good :( Although I did do one in May in the MIDDLE of a sinus infection. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick it enough to be able to compete!

BTW - anyone who is on the island Sunday - start time is 7am at Mr. Sanchos! Two distances - a Sprint and an Olypmpic distance. Swim is from the beach (750m/1500m), bike route is from Mr. Sanchos south to Punta Sur and back (20k/40k), and the run is from, Mr. Sanchos to the north and back (5k/10k). Considering I've been sick, I will be doing the short distance Sprint Tri! Come cheer us on if you can!

Expect road closures for a few hours Sunday morning at the south end of the island!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom