The August 21, 2012 Scubaboard Get Together and Dandy Don Birthday Spectactular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quite a change from the year before. Looks like a real Par-tee! I was there in spirit Don. Glad you had a fun night.

We had a Sunday evening gathering once that was as big, but not nearly as much fun.

I saw a funny thing on the channel yesterday morning while waiting for my boat: The car ferry sideways?! Then it straightened out, then got sideways again - and seem to get closer that way? Can the current get that strong?

Saw two Queen triggers together the other day! That was a first. I tried to ease in for the pic but they had a fast skirmish, one left, and the other ducked into a little cave! I've never seen one do that before. I tried to get a pick of the hole, but a big Grouper got in my way and wasn't moving - and I don't crowd those!

I've had one problem after another with my strobe, all my fault - finally flooding it. Got it soaking now, will dry and see?

I'm not talking about my dives anymore. Some stalkers like to twist things around and use them on me, or as an excuse to bring up admitted mistakes from years ago. I am having a blast tho...!!

Quite a change from the year before. Looks like a real Par-tee! I was there in spirit Don. Glad you had a fun night.

El Jefe know how to make the big, big party.

Oh, I found a belt with 3 - 5# weights on the last dive. Gave it to Abraham and he carried it the rest of the dive. His BC looked like it was full. :eek: Argh, booty, mates...!!

Edit: Forgot I had the pics from the classic neighborhood where Moro's is located...

8-20-3 Land-1.jpg8-20-3 Land-2.jpg8-20-3 Land-3.jpg8-20-3 Land-4.jpg8-20-3 Land-5.jpg8-20-3 Land-6.jpg

These are new from this evening: prosdog/John and his son Ben along with Gasgirl/Phyllis who missed the party, plus some old guy who wouldn't put his drink down...

8-20-3 Land-8.jpg . 8-20-3 Land-9.jpg

Last edited:
RINSED AND DRYING!It's been a fun week, good diving, good food, etc. I screw up a little, flooded my strobe, but no biggies.

I laid down for an after dinner nap last night, thinking I'd get up later and get my gear lined up for the morning, then the 6am alarm rang. Glad I leave it set. So I caught up on getting things ready and went to breakfast before the dock. The boat was late again, but I wasn't - haha!

I almost messed up this morning! My camera housing o-ring fell out, but I noticed - whew. Would have been horrible to flood it too!

I wanted to do Cathedral yesterday, but we had a couple of newbies onboard. I know, supposed to match divers on boats, but easier said that done sometimes. They were on again today when we went north to San Juan, more scary than Cathedral to me - but not as deep. Quite the fast ride in the current, of course.

I had them drop me and all my gear at my hotel at the end, including the pieces they have been rinsing, storing, and handling for me - send the trips money with the DM. They had a birthday pie for me, but I guess I messed that up. They got one in my face one year.

Had hell getting the valve out of my pony. Tanks valves are supposed to be hand tight, but someone always uses a wrench on mine. I asked the local operator to loan me their tank wrench, but all they had was a small Crescent. I got it, but barely.

Sunlight is just getting to my balcony now so I think I should have everything dry enough to pack by tonight. I hate last minute packing in the morning. Got to get the checked bags under 50#...!!

Update...!

Ok, all packed, both bags under 50# each amazingly, so now all I have to do it get dressed and leave. :sad: I hate that part, and the airport shuffles will rub in the pain. I have to be a CZM 2 hours before flight time, play the security game over checking in - they screen you twice you know, sleep to DFW - where I have a FIVE HOUR LAYOVER! :mad: I'll try to edit the last of my pics and learn how to download dives from my dive computer again while waiting on the last flight.

Then the dangerous part - driving home! Eh, done it many times later. Hope my neighbor watered my flowers ok and everything else is fine. It WILL be nice to sleep in my softer bed, but then I'll have to get up, wash gear, start laundry - wrap it up...!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom