August 2012 in Cozumel (Its a dry heat....)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Seriously, am I the only person crazy enough to brave the heat of August? Ok, I know it won't be a dry heat, but maybe there will be more breeze than usual.

Anyway, this is the massive family trip and with the nieces and nephews, this was the only time that worked, so:

August 16-25, CVChief, Susanita and the Fam (15 total), Las Ventanas B404, Scuba with Alison

Are there any other brave souls? How about you DD? First round on me!

I shall be here... perhaps a cucumber mojito at WW's?

Certainly! That sounds refreshing. I will need extra ice for the heat and extra rum for being a tour guide for a 15 person family trip! :drunks:

I am hoping to drag my brother in law and his wife through a resort course and hopefully hook them on diving.

How do you feel about 2ond degree burns on your feet, with your shoes on?

How do you feel about 2ond degree burns on your feet, with your shoes on?

Thanks for that. I am currently designing a Sol delivery system. It will take Sol from a cooler at near freezing and take through a vest wrapped around my core to lower my body temperature and deliver it to my mouth while still somewhat cool. I am currently have issues overcoming the laws of thermodynamics. The system may need a 20 Kw generator.....

I have been there in late July. It was only like a broiler on med-high then.... I am going to stick my head in the oven once a day starting next month to train....

Surely my dedication to this August project should encourage [user]Diver Kat[/user] to volunteer her service to fancy up this list. I am too busy working on low season deals to entertain these hooligans.

Certainly! That sounds refreshing. I will need extra ice for the heat and extra rum for being a tour guide for a 15 person family trip! :drunks:

I am hoping to drag my brother in law and his wife through a resort course and hopefully hook them on diving.

Awesome! Looking forward to a refreshing beverage. I know you have dive peeps here, but if you need any help with your DSDs, you know where to find me.

See you soon!

The only way to deal with August heat is to do 5 dives a day. :) It's not hot under the water!!!!!

I would, but I have only got 4 of the 15 cert-ed. That leaves at least 11 I can't allow to wander around with out a chaperone..... :) I don't want to come up from a dive and see flames in the distance.

You have your work cut out for you, good luck chaperone.

July 28 to Aug 18 at SCC. We've been on the island every August each of the past twenty-two years.

Near the water, the temperatures are in the mid to high eighties. It's much hotter further inland, but I don't go there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom