Question Atomic B2 vs Mares MR22T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaLu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,
I have an Atomic B2, it already approaching the maintenance period.
The maintenance price is very high, not buy in local even cannot mainten by dealer, that so I have consider to sale B2.

In the same time, I have find used Mares MR22T and maintenance price is reasonable.
I want to change B2 to MR22T.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4936.jpeg
    IMG_4936.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 7
You are unlikely to actually need to service the Atomic for a few more years at least, dive it until it needs service, needs being the operative word.

You are unlikely to actually need to service the Atomic for a few more years at least, dive it until it needs service, needs being the operative word.
I have this B2 for more then 3years, more than 100dive.
I don’t want some trouble from regulators.
So I decided to maintain it.

How’s Mares mr22t evaluate?
Is it same as mr22x ?
Thanks

I have this B2 for more then 3years, more than 100dive.
I don’t want some trouble from regulators.
So I decided to maintain it.

How’s Mares mr22t evaluate?
Is it same as mr22x ?
Thanks
They are different piston vs diaphragm, the service intervals are to short for all of them but your worries of cost are like selling a car because it’s time for an oil change and buying a new car that comes with fresh oil.

There is a regulator check list here, get an IP gauge and get the Atomic serviced when it needs it.

The are different piston vs diaphragm, the service intervals are to short for all of them but your worries of cost are like selling a car because it’s time for an oil change and buying a new car that comes with fresh oil.

There is a regulator check list here, get an IP gauge and get the Atomic serviced when it needs it.
Atomic is a stable regulator.
But if I maintain it use service kit for 1st+2nd+oct. , will cost almost $190USD /one time.

I don’t know if $190 is expensive.
I have scubapro mk25evo maintain one time just cost $100.(service kit 1st+2nd+oct.)

That's why I want to replace the used regulator with a lower maintenance cost.

I like Atomic if there’s no some good choice, I think I will maintain it and keep it.

MR22T is a fantastic regulator. Usually paired with a Mares second stage such as Abyss, the system doesn't require inhalation adjustment knob but still breathes great at depth and no free flow problems.

MR22T is a fantastic regulator. Usually paired with a Mares second stage such as Abyss, the system doesn't require inhalation adjustment knob but still breathes great at depth and no free flow problems.
Is Mr22t easier to maintain by ourself?
I have seen Mares service manual, it seem easier to do.

Is Mr22t easier to maintain by ourself?
I have seen Mares service manual, it seem easier to do.
I don't do my own regulator service/maintenance so I can't answer that question but I have not had any difficulty finding a shop to service my Mares regs. Seems that just about everyone services them.

I've had three different sets of Mares MR22T regs throughout the years, had them serviced routinely, never any problems.

Price for service was same as other brands I've owned (Scubapro).

I don't do my own regulator service/maintenance so I can't answer that question but I have not had any difficulty finding a shop to service my Mares regs. Seems that just about everyone services them.

I've had three different sets of Mares MR22T regs throughout the years, had them serviced routinely, never any problems.

Price for service was same as other brands I've owned (Scubapro).
Is this MR22T the latest version?
Is parts inside same as MR22X?
MR22T just MR22X titanium version ?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4938.jpeg
    IMG_4938.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4939.jpeg
    IMG_4939.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 6
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/