Sold! Mares Reg Sets

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Responded to DM.

Two MR22/Abyss sets still available. These regs are amazing. Don't take my word for it, ask anyone who's ever dove them.

Still available. Don't hesitate to make offer for both sets as I'm willing to make an excellent deal for anyone that wants two sets.

Both of the MR22T/Abyss reg sets are still available. Don't hesitate to make your best offer for both reg sets as I'm willing to make a generous package deal.

Bump. If you’re interested in both sets I can make you an excellent deal.

Two MR22T/Abyss sets still available.
Would these sets make sense for two new adult OW divers looking to purchase their first sets of regs? We’ll generally be diving warmer waters.

As I understand, I’ll have to first confirm my LDS will service these. Mares no longer makes these models, correct? Produced during 2005-2007? Grateful for anyone’s input, thank you.

Would these sets make sense for two new adult OW divers looking to purchase their first sets of regs? We’ll generally be diving warmer waters. As I understand, I’ll have to first confirm my LDS will service these. Mares no longer makes these models, correct? Grateful for anyone’s input, thank you.
Mares still makes versions of each of the stages and they can all be serviced by any Mares dealer. They are excellent regs for any conditions.

The first stage got a slimmed down body in 2008, but the body is internally identical to the current model. Some internal parts have been updated over the years, but can be brought up to the current spec at a service if it hasn't been done already.

Likewise, the body of the primary second stage (the Abyss) got a small update on 2008, but is internally the same as the current Navy II and XR DR. You can even update the look of the Abyss by having the shop replace the face plate with one from a later Abyss or XR DR.

Same story on the octo. It continued to be sold as the MV until last year when it got updated and renamed as the SXS.

I have a bunch of service kits for these. Are the seconds metal or plastic?

Would these sets make sense for two new adult OW divers looking to purchase their first sets of regs? We’ll generally be diving warmer waters.

As I understand, I’ll have to first confirm my LDS will service these. Mares no longer makes these models, correct? Produced during 2005-2007? Grateful for anyone’s input, thank you.
In a word, YES.

MR22/Abyss combination was Mares standard for several decades. Bulletproof reliability plus excellent design and the ability to be serviced world-wide. A very good regulator set for recreational divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom