Sold! Mares Reg Sets

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here’s the invoice OP sent over:
I can't tell anything from the estimate other than that they were serviced since it doesn't include the parts.

It says "MR32T" which is incorrect, but doesn't really matter since it was a variant of the 22 and all parts between the two are interchangable. Probably just an entry error along with the one missing digit in one of the the serial numbers.

I can't tell anything from the estimate other than that they were serviced since it doesn't include the parts.

It says "MR32T" which is incorrect, but doesn't really matter since it was a variant of the 22 and all parts between the two are interchangable. Probably just an entry error along with the one missing digit in one of the the serial numbers.
I had one MR33 and two MR22 regs serviced. Three total.

I had one MR33 and two MR22 regs serviced. Three total.
Would there be any reason why these sets wouldn’t have current spec parts inside if they’ve been regularly serviced and as recently as last October?

I get that worst case scenario, these will be good for two years from last service. My only hesitation on snatching these up is how difficult or not it’ll be for a shop to service these in the future. Based on the positive input here I assumed I should be able to take these to any Mares authorized dealer and service them, but like I said I called a few different dealers nearby and instead of a resounding “yes”, they all said some variation of “most likely, unless they’re super old”. OP obviously hasn’t had issues servicing them at his LDS but I’m worried there’sa chance I won’t be as fortunate. Am I being overly paranoid here?

All regs are now SOLD.

Thank you to all who partook in the discussion.

Would there be any reason why these sets wouldn’t have current spec parts inside if they’ve been regularly serviced and as recently as last October?
The only reason would be if they had older service kits lying around that they wanted to use up. That's why I wanted to see the parts numbers.

Truly worst case would be that they inspected and re-used a first gen Tri-Material valve which would mean that, if you follow Mares factory service recommendations, the first stage should be serviced again in a year. That's highly unlikely.

I get that worst case scenario, these will be good for two years from last service. My only hesitation on snatching these up is how difficult or not it’ll be for a shop to service these in the future. Based on the positive input here I assumed I should be able to take these to any Mares authorized dealer and service them, but like I said I called a few different dealers nearby and instead of a resounding “yes”, they all said some variation of “most likely, unless they’re super old”. OP obviously hasn’t had issues servicing them at his LDS but I’m worried there’sa chance I won’t be as fortunate. Am I being overly paranoid here?
LDS is just doing standard butt covering in case someone brings in a reg with a physically damaged or heavily corroded body or one dating back to the '70s when Mares was owned by AMF.

Every Mares first stage since then can be serviced and upgraded to current spec except the very first MR12 which had a non-replaceable orifice. Every second stage can be serviced and brought to current spec, although some plastic external parts from early regs are no longer available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom