Sold! Mares Reg Sets

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the kit part numbers?

If you have a bunch you may want to post them as a new thread.
Not to get sidetracked from OPs thread, but if I were to buy these Mares regs from OP, would I potentially save a little during servicing by providing the parts kits, assuming they match?

What are the kit part numbers?

If you have a bunch you may want to post them as a new thread.
do I look like Simon?

Not to get sidetracked from OPs thread, but if I were to buy these Mares regs from OP, would I potentially save a little during servicing by providing the parts kits, assuming they match?
If you are having them serviced by an authorized dealer, I seriously doubt they will accept parts that you bring in. An independent reg tech might, if such a person still exists.

It's DIYers who would be interested in the kits. Mares, ScubaPro and AquaLung/Apex have contract terms that do not allow their dealers to sell service parts directly to consumers in most countries, including the US and Canada, so we have to figure out alternatives. For example, I buy most of my kits from a retailer in Italy since this type of contract language is illegal there. I've also picked up a few things on eBay and from a shop that dropped Mares as a brand and thus was no longer bound by this contract.

The first stage got a slimmed down body in 2008, but the body is internally identical to the current model. Some internal parts have been updated over the years, but can be brought up to the current spec at a service if it hasn't been done already.

Likewise, the body of the primary second stage (the Abyss) got a small update on 2008, but is internally the same as the current Navy II and XR DR.

In a word, YES.

MR22/Abyss combination was Mares standard for several decades. Bulletproof reliability plus excellent design and the ability to be serviced world-wide. A very good regulator set for recreational divers.

Response sent.

I just called my LDS and three other authorized dealers nearby, all of which said they SHOULD be able to service these Mares regs, depending on how old they are and what parts are needed. Would these sets manufactured in 2005-2007 but serviced as recently as October 2023 potentially be too old to service and/or get the parts needed, or should these be good to go for a while?

I just called my LDS and three other authorized dealers nearby, all of which said they SHOULD be able to service these Mares regs, depending on how old they are and what parts are needed. Would these sets manufactured in 2005-2007 but serviced as recently as October 2023 potentially be too old to service and/or get the parts needed, or should these be good to go for a while?
They should be good for at least two years after the last service.

@arkstorm , Can you post a picture of the service invoices? I can tell from the service kit part #s if they've been updated to the current spec.

BTW, service info on these regs is available on a site I maintain at Mares Regulator Service Information

They should be good for at least two years after the last service.

@arkstorm , Can you post a picture of the service invoices? I can tell from the service kit part #s if they've been updated to the current spec.

BTW, service info on these regs is available on a site I maintain at Mares Regulator Service Information
Here’s the invoice OP sent over:

Attachments

• IMG_2508 (1).png
    IMG_2508 (1).png
    185.3 KB · Views: 16
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom