Question Atomic B2 vs Mares MR22T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this MR22T the latest version?
Is parts inside same as MR22X?
MR22T just MR22X titanium version ?
Thanks
The MR22 is a great first stage. It was the flagship of the Mares line for a couple of decades. I have one and and am very happy with it.

The MR22T and 22X use the same regulator body. There is no titanium in either. The only difference is a couple of internal parts that will be replaced at your next service. The most notable difference is the HP seat. The current one is slightly more durable.

Servicing is similar in difficulty to any other diaphragm regulator. Parts prices are reasonable.

I don't think you can get much easier to service than with Atomic. They're incredibly simple devices...
The issue was with the OP's cost of having someone else service it. I'm not sure why Atomics is so much more expensive for the OP. The B2 service kit is only around $10 (USD) more expensive than the 22X.

Hi guys,
I have an Atomic B2, it already approaching the maintenance period.
The maintenance price is very high, not buy in local even cannot mainten by dealer, that so I have consider to sale B2.

In the same time, I have find used Mares MR22T and maintenance price is reasonable.
I want to change B2 to MR22T.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks
Go with the Mares Abyss without a doubt. I have been diving a Mares MR22 Abyss for over 24 years and it has never missed a beat. I like that there are no knobs or levers to fiddle around with, just a good breathing reg from top to the bottom without any adjustments.

Stay with Atomic, you can't get a better breathing regulator. I can't believe that this question is even asked.

Replacing a Rolls Royce with a Fiat, what's the world coming to?

Stay with Atomic, you can't get a better breathing regulator. I can't believe that this question is even asked.

We are talking about two high performance first stages. There are no discernable breathing differences between them.

I'm not sure why Atomics is so much more expensive for the OP.
Sealed Atomic ambient chambers, are packed full of pricey Cristolube, at around $30 per ounce.

Sealed Atomic ambient chambers, are packed full of pricey Cristolube, at around $30 per ounce.
That makes sense and is one advantage for diaphragm and unsealed piston first stages. I've barely put a dent in the .8 ounce container I bought 3 years ago for @rsingler's reg class.

More like Rolls Royce vs. Lamborghini.

The issue was with the OP's cost of having someone else service it. I'm not sure why Atomics is so much more expensive for the OP. The B2 service kit is only around $10 (USD) more expensive than the 22X.
Local dealers have very tough policies.
They will never lower prices and will continue to increase prices and use tougher rules.

So much so that most of us have to buy service kits from China, and maintain by self.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom