Info Aqualung Financial Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know what your thinking its a great place to work, what's not to like

The key features are:
1. The office space is modern and elegant vibrant and dynamic
2. The kitchen is complete fully fitted out for a range of microwaved ready meals
3. The warehouse space is compact and organised great for all those spares kits you can't

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-7.jpg

Not quite up to the California digs I see.

Still Doral, FL is known as "Little Venezuela" in the greater Miami area, so there is that.

3. The warehouse space is compact and organised great for all those spares kits you can't

View attachment 844502

Tongue-in-cheek aside, it looks like there is tons of "flex" warehouse space a stone's throw or two away if they want to bring in "significant" stock levels. Shipping monkeys probably don't get the posh space ...

Not quite up to the California digs I see.

Still Doral, FL is known as "Little Venezuela" in the greater Miami area, so there is that.
If you are trying to reduce costs versus California, your labor rate and leasing rate (2 biggest expenses) can be cut in half. Tons of scuba work talent available from high school up to retiree divers. The Florida dive equipment market has slowed down and we are seeing some consolidation. The shops that work and get new students will weather this slow down.

Looking at the map a little more, I have a profound prediction based on the location.

I expect a major direct outreach by the staff of AL USA to all of the Caribbean dive operators. Miami International is a handful of miles (office to terminal) away and likely has the highest concentration available of direct flights from the US to Caribbean destinations (or at least country gateways). And the entirety of the FL East Coast and Keys are easy drives for a couple of days of "selling."

It would be a brilliant strategy. Flood the dive centers of the highest-dive-density geographic region of the Western Hemisphere with AL demo and rental gear to (re-)establish them as the ubiquitous standard brand.

I would imagine that it would be a personally rewarding strategy, too.

Anyone know if there is a current "careers" link?

Americas finest healthy eating establishments of Wendy's Mc Donalds and a Starbucks and for those with a diving interest theme your old favourite a Red Lobster.
Red Lobster is no more -- ruined by Private Equity interestingly. As a lobster fan I am OK with this particular development.

Has Private Equity ever not ruined a company it acquired? I think not.

So since that location is close to my job that I've been at for the past 22 years, lo siento....

That location is just an industrial wasteland.
NW 25th Street is a nightmare and under construction forever.
There are hotels that rent by the hour within a quarter mile.
No one who applies will know English.

Pro: There are some OKish restaurants on NW 87th Ave.

@-JD- If you're looking for a career, ask for high 6 figures! Living here is not for the faint of heart.

There are hotels that rent by the hour within a quarter mile.
No one who applies will know English.

Pro: There are some OKish restaurants on NW 87th Ave.

@-JD- If you're looking for a career, ask for high 6 figures! Living here is not for the faint of heart.
Well we did hear that there is "tons of talent" in the area.

Looking at the map a little more, I have a profound prediction based on the location.

I expect a major direct outreach by the staff of AL USA to all of the Caribbean dive operators. Miami International is a handful of miles (office to terminal) away and likely has the highest concentration available of direct flights from the US to Caribbean destinations (or at least country gateways). And the entirety of the FL East Coast and Keys are easy drives for a couple of days of "selling."

It would be a brilliant strategy. Flood the dive centers of the highest-dive-density geographic region of the Western Hemisphere with AL demo and rental gear to (re-)establish them as the ubiquitous standard brand.

I would imagine that it would be a personally rewarding strategy, too.

Anyone know if there is a current "careers" link?
yeah no, it isn't that simple

Back
Top Bottom