Info Aqualung Financial Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guessing it'll be a Delaware "hq" for tax reasons... and probably an office in Tysons/Fairfax area to be close to the Gov't/Defense folks.

If we are going to take guesses on location, I would say close to a port to receive containers and a distribution network close to volume customers. My guess would be North Florida, Carolinas, or Houston. Just because they all have reasonable warehouse space and highway shipping lanes. Drop shipping from EU doesn’t pan out unless you have really high margins and value.

Office space in DC is horrendously expensive, but not knowing the value of the military spend as it might justify it.

It will be interesting to watch as this is not a billion dollar business that has cash to burn.

If we are going to take guesses on location, I would say close to a port to receive containers and a distribution network close to volume customers. My guess would be North Florida, Carolinas, or Houston. Just because they all have reasonable warehouse space and highway shipping lanes. Drop shipping from EU doesn’t pan out unless you have really high margins and value.

Office space in DC is horrendously expensive, but not knowing the value of the military spend as it might justify it.

It will be interesting to watch as this is not a billion dollar business that has cash to burn.
Port of Baltimore would work too as an extremely hi-volume destination (despite the recent issues) with an HQ/Warehouse in VA, MD, DE. Short trip for product to the warehouse from the port and easy daytrip access for schmoozing in greater DC.

Somewhere close to a major airport with cheap rent.

Are they still operating their LA, CA Conshelf plant where they make the military spec Conshelf 14 w/ all metal 1085 second stages?
If so, maybe they will just send out direct from there to their special contracts.
The rest of AL, who cares?

Are they still operating their LA, CA Conshelf plant where they make the military spec Conshelf 14 w/ all metal 1085 second stages?
If so, maybe they will just send out direct from there to their special contracts.
The rest of AL, who cares?
Maybe the new owners will be smart enough to realize .....

I've no need but, I might go for that.

That doesn't make sense. They have large government contracts for apeks.

At the secret engineering sub contractors meeting in sunny England who make the stuff as per the photo below we were all in a meeting to discuss if the superb polishing would meet the expectations of the new owners and in addition if we could manage to fit the logo of Deep Six Gear into the space provided on the body blocks when one of the girls in the office reminded us that there is no E in SIX .

Oh and manage to spell it right. Just saying the strong are saying nothing. Iain LOL

IMG_2852.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2852.jpeg
    IMG_2852.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 21
At the secret engineering sub contractors meeting in sunny England who make the stuff as per the photo below we were all in a meeting to discuss if the superb polishing would meet the expectations of the new owners and in addition if we could manage to fit the logo of Deep Six Gear into the space provided on the body blocks when one of the girls in the office reminded us that there is no E in SIX .

Oh and manage to spell it right. Just saying the strong are saying nothing. Iain LOL

View attachment 843988

Say no more, nudge, nudge, wink, wink..

Reorganizing the North American sales office is a long, long way from shutting down operations.

Edit - sorry for the redundant post, I didn't see all the earlier follow-ups until after I posted.

They will relocate in Doral, Florida.

I guess the cat's out the bag now. (Secret is no longer) so can we continue.

So with another amusing note go back to my posts 16 17 and 18 on page 2 of this thread and we can continue with the move theme.
Aqualung USA Incorporated did indeed register on 22nd April 2024 as a foreign profit corporation with Aqualungs current mover and shaker CEO Michel Abaza of Alize Capital.

Having got rid of the existing and experienced staff in CA the new man at the top is actively looking for new staff in Doral Florida.

So for your continued pleasure and delight I give you Aqualung USA new theme park location of 8880 NW 20th Street Dorel Flex Park 33172
A delightful 7000 square foot office space 10 minutes away from Americas finest healthy eating establishments of Wendy's Mc Donalds and a Starbucks and for those with a diving interest theme your old favourite a Red Lobster. Available June 24 on a 3 to 5 year lease this 7000 square foot office space is on at $19.95 sq/ft year rent

Note the big chair for the boss and the little chairs for the staff. So quaint so American.
The new tenant needs consider that the plants may need a little water.

aq1.jpg

aq3.jpg

aq4.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom