Question Anyone ever had an incident because they serviced their own gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which is why we should keep going through the doors of the good ones, to keep them from being tempted to desperate measures.
No debate from me on that! They can't live on air fills alone!

We need (competent) options.... not all are meant to rebuild their stuff (no different that brake jobs on cars). The thing is, if we choose to do so, we should be able to do so...
I am all about right to repair

not all are meant to rebuild their stuff
It always worries me when I meet a tech or cave diver that can't rebuild their own regs. All this attention to safety, yet they have no idea what makes that regulator tick or how to do the simplest of fixes on the fly.

It always worries me when I meet a tech or cave diver that can't rebuild their own regs. All this attention to safety, yet they have no idea what makes that regulator tick or how to do the simplest of fixes on the fly.
Yup, knowing makes them safer divers, yet many don't even want to know

As I have "advanced" through my diving career, it just seemed a logical process to advance my knowledge, including operation, maintenance, and repair of my equipment.

It always shocks me when I cross paths with "advanced" divers, including professionals who seem clueless to what should be basic knowledge at their level..

Maybe the engineer(d) in my has too much influence in my logic...

tinkerers unite!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom