Question Anyone ever had an incident because they serviced their own gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries Angelo you have 4 more left! It is amazing looking back on youth and some of the stuff done having survived.
"I miss the days when they made toys that could kill a kid."

-- Jerry Seinfeld

Do it yourself is a hobby.
Paying someone to do it is a business.
cook you own food, or go eat at a restaurant?
the choice is yours if you know what to do and do it RIGHT!
Had a bad experience when I paid to service my MK25. So now I do it my self.

The table saw won.

Not that I know of!
My best shop story involves a 12” lathe and me sticking my finger between the cutting tool and the object being turned. I had cut the machine off, but it was still moving when I got impatient (or careless) and tried to do things too quickly. My Guardian Angel 🧚‍♂️ must have been working overtime because although my finger was “captured” I just felt some pressure but didn’t even draw blood. There are dive stories, sports car (building and driving) stories, hunting and shooting range stories… the list is endless. GA was a very busy girl for a very long time!

The moral of this tale is regardless of what you are doing and how good you are (or think you are) at it, carelessness will getcha! Like me, my GA has gotten older and slowed down a lot… I don’t know whether she could keep up with real stupid or not!

Words to ponder!
🐸

Mate they're divers like you and me and everybody else on here, that have taken it a bit further
than what their instructor told them or talking about pony bottles on here and whether it be by
circumstance or geography, have become highly skilled in their diving endeavours, much to our
pleasure

I mean being horizontal all the time becomes a bit horizontal whereas doing sommersaults and
some rolls, diving like normal, but on your back and even surfacing upside down is quite skillful

Try it, you won't like it, until you get it

Drills is not skillsl

What the hell did I just watch?

So they really were upside down. Part of me said look at the bubbles but I just couldn't grasp it.
Very cool.

Yeah when the vid came out, first time I saw it I had to nail my fins to the ceiling and get into them to figure it out

Walking on the underside of a hull is very challenging. Actually easier in a drysuit since you can inflate the legs.
I've been known to do it after completing maintenance.

My best shop story involves a 12” lathe
I forgot and left my wedding on while working as a machinist on a lathe. I dinged it on the 3 jaw chuck, and it began to swell. I could get it off, so I used a side cutter to get it off. I have a circular scar on my ring finger now, which somehow seems appropriate! :D :D :D

I forgot and left my wedding on while working as a machinist on a lathe. I dinged it on the 3 jaw chuck, and it began to swell. I could get it off, so I used a side cutter to get it off. I have a circular scar on my ring finger now, which somehow seems appropriate! :D :D :D
Half of my scars are from Zebra Mussels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom