Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just learned about the various Seabear issues today on a boat... I've had the H3 for little over a year now and no issues, but am concerned. I don't dive often... maybe 50-70ish dives a year... concerned that a computer I spent a pretty penny on, expecting it to be another 6-10 (or more!) year purchase is going to fail after the warranty is up and I'll be SOL. I've got until November, when my two years would be up, any recommendations? Is subgravity doing any replacements for units that have not presented a problem, or made any announcements if you experience the known failure issues after your warranty is up? trying to decide if I pursue trying to get a replacement (i honestly would be fine getting a replacement and selling it), or wait and see what happens... any advice would be appreciated.

Just learned about the various Seabear issues today on a boat... I've had the H3 for little over a year now and no issues, but am concerned. I don't dive often... maybe 50-70ish dives a year... concerned that a computer I spent a pretty penny on, expecting it to be another 6-10 (or more!) year purchase is going to fail after the warranty is up and I'll be SOL. I've got until November, when my two years would be up, any recommendations? Is subgravity doing any replacements for units that have not presented a problem, or made any announcements if you experience the known failure issues after your warranty is up? trying to decide if I pursue trying to get a replacement (i honestly would be fine getting a replacement and selling it), or wait and see what happens... any advice would be appreciated.
Contact subgravity. The H3 is no longer supported by Scubapro. If it fails under warranty , they will offer you one of their computers. If it hasn't failed then I'm not sure if Scubapro will replace it.

My H3 did not fail, but ScubaPro is replacing it because of the advertising that said there would be a transmitter released. The replacement process is slow though. I've been waiting over a month for mine to arrive.

Could you please publish the link that you saw indicating that scubapro will be releasing a H3 with Air Integration ??
I was told by the vice President of scubapro that there was no intention releasing a new version of the H3 , AI or not , about 2 months ago.

The advertising was from Seabear and Subgravity. The owner of Subgravity, Randy, was initially claiming that those ads did not exist but then people started posting screenshots of the old website that mentioned AI and even the owner's own posts that said it was coming. After his credibility was in the toilet, he relented. There is a warranty form on Subgravity's website. It allows you to replace it with a different model ScubaPro computer. It might be worth describing the situation in the form and sending it to ScubaPro. If you aren't interested in their computers, maybe the retailer you purchased it from can help. If you bought it from them, DGX is usually willing to back their customers on matters like this. Finally, there is always your credit card company. If you explain that you purchased an item that had a promised feature set that did not deliver, they will probably do a chargeback and fight with the merchant in your behalf.

Could you please publish the link that you saw indicating that scubapro will be releasing a H3 with Air Integration ??
I was told by the vice President of scubapro that there was no intention releasing a new version of the H3 , AI or not , about 2 months ago.

I thought I was replying to KelnKelp. I suspect you you know the history I just rehashed better than anyone else on this thread :)

Yep. I was able to get my H3 (fully functional, no issues had yet occurred) replaced by warranty through the dive shop i purchased it from. 2 weeks, no hassle on my end and I have a Scuba Pro M2 I don't want and will be posting for sale....

Yep. I was able to get my H3 (fully functional, no issues had yet occurred) replaced by warranty through the dive shop i purchased it from. 2 weeks, no hassle on my end and I have a Scuba Pro M2 I don't want and will be posting for sale....

The M2 with a transmitter?

Back
Top Bottom