Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice. I love my H3 and it has been flawless, so far. But, you sure do make it tempting to try and cash it in now, before I ever do have a problem.

Nice. I love my H3 and it has been flawless, so far. But, you sure do make it tempting to try and cash it in now, before I ever do have a problem.

I was in the same boat as you. Figured with my luck it would fail after the 2yr warranty was up and ScubaPro would say too bad. Also, there were a few things (having to through the full menu after confirming something, and all the settings resetting if the battery died... since I dive only once every month or so, I can't keep that watch charged continuously). Going back to a more std wrist computer.

So, is the ScubaPro G2 what JO made from the SeaBear technology? I can see why they did it marketing-wise, but it is not what I expected. Any word on the H3 v2 that they promised?

So, is the ScubaPro G2 what JO made from the SeaBear technology? I can see why they did it marketing-wise, but it is not what I expected. Any word on the H3 v2 that they promised?

No, I don't think the G2 has anything to do with the H3. The G2 is totally different in almost every way.

I thought the H3 was totally dead. But, I heard a totally unsubstantiated rumor, from a source that has some credibility to me, that "they didn't buy SeaBear to discard it... so rumor is that something really good is in the pipeline and would be available as some point in the near future." I had not heard even a whisper that the G2 was coming until it was actually in dealers' hands, so I am totally prepared to believe they could have something else coming and that I wouldn't have heard about it yet, either.

In the meantime, I have to throw some kudos in the direction of Dive Gear Express. Their return policy is unlimited. Yes, really. I bought my H3 from them. If my battery dies after 3 years and I can't get the battery replaced and SP says "you're out of warranty. Too bad. You'll just have to buy a new computer," then I can literally return it to DGX for full store credit (which I would probably put towards a Shearwater). I emailed DGX about my concerns and confirmed that this is indeed the case.

Yet another reason why Dive Gear Express is totally awesome!

Yes, Dive Gear Express are top notch. Nothing but great customer experience with them and very competitive prices.

Well... my Seabear H3 finally died. Specifically, the left button quit working. I think that is a problem that numerous other people had. The right button still works and would turn the screen on, where I could see that it was fully charged. But, left button does nothing at all.

I called Dive Gear Express (whom I bought it from) to ask if they had any suggestions on the possibility of getting it repaired. They referred me to Sub Gravity. I called them and they referred me to ScubaPro and gave me the phone number to SP Technical Services. I called SP and a nice person answered the phone. I explained my situation. He put me on hold, came back a few minutes later, then told me to send it to them, they will evaluate it, then contact me to let me know what my options are.

Hey, it's better than being told I'm just SOL!

Well... my Seabear H3 finally died. Specifically, the left button quit working. I think that is a problem that numerous other people had. The right button still works and would turn the screen on, where I could see that it was fully charged. But, left button does nothing at all.

I called Dive Gear Express (whom I bought it from) to ask if they had any suggestions on the possibility of getting it repaired. They referred me to Sub Gravity. I called them and they referred me to ScubaPro and gave me the phone number to SP Technical Services. I called SP and a nice person answered the phone. I explained my situation. He put me on hold, came back a few minutes later, then told me to send it to them, they will evaluate it, then contact me to let me know what my options are.

Hey, it's better than being told I'm just SOL!

Dying to hear. You must have been last guy standing with the H3. How many dives on it?

Dying to hear. You must have been last guy standing with the H3. How many dives on it?

I wish I could say for sure. Since the left button doesn't work, I can't put it in "computer mode" to download or even check the log. Looking at my log since the date I got the H3 (January, 2016), I'd say somewhere between 100 and 150 dives on it. Roughly. I have almost 200 logged in that time, but since it is not AI, it was always a backup and I didn't use it on a lot of the "training" dives I did. It was really great, while it lasted.

Fingers crossed that ScubaPro will take care of me on it, somehow.

My wife still dives her H3, it must have about 80 dives on it plus 10 from the previous owner. I am eager to hear what scubapro support will do with yours. My guess is no repair but offer of a voucher for a G2.

@stuartv Willing to bet that you get a new Matrix. Let's see...(less than 2 years old, right?). If older, you MIGHT get squadoosh. Who knows...

@fnog A G2? ROTFL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom