American Airlines Monopoly on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we're discussing nonstop flights, right - not direct flights that might stop on the way?

You know, if I was able to save 2 or $300 per person. I would do it with a connector. Like the SWA option

Direct flights are nonstop flights. If they stop somewhere they aren’t direct.

In light of being recently made aware of my flight cancellation by tursiops(thanks again) and NOT being notified by Delta, can someone answer one question? If I rent a car at Cancun airport, can I take it on the Cozumel ferry and does anyone know how much it costs?

No. At least they don't allow it from CZM to mainland,

Not true…

While they may sound very similar, non-stop and direct flights are, in fact, not exactly the same.

A direct flight may stop to load of let off peeps, but you can continue to the next location without getting off the flight. It will have the same flight number all the way through.

It will have the same flight number all the way through.
This is not a distinguishing feature. For example, the AA flights from MIA to Bonaire have the same flight number as the return flights from BON to Miami.

Anyone know why there are no non-stop flights from the tri-state NY area to Coz? I can't fathom this out. Certainly no lack of demand. Maybe I'm wrong...? I'd be going there more often but I despise connections.

Anyone know why there are no non-stop flights from the tri-state NY area to Coz? I can't fathom this out. Certainly no lack of demand. Maybe I'm wrong...? I'd be going there more often but I despise connections.
During 'high' season I believe AA was offering a PHL to CZM flight on Saturdays but that's as close as I have seen.

Nope, not at all. Why would the industry adopt two different terms for the same thing?
Not true…

Thank you. As stated in the link...
"A direct flight refers to a flight between two cities that carries a single flight number. "
For example, the AA flights from MIA to Bonaire have the same flight number as the return flights from BON to Miami.
For the airline's purposes, it's direct. They're herding flight numbers. Civilians confuse the term enough to make it a popular replacement for Nonstop, but it's still incorrect and causes confusion. If you want to travel by vague terms, better get a good agent.

Nope, not at all. Why would the industry adopt two different terms for the same thing?

Thank you. As stated in the link...
"A direct flight refers to a flight between two cities that carries a single flight number. "

For the airline's purposes, it's direct. They're herding flight numbers. Civilians confuse the term enough to make it a popular replacement for Nonstop, but it's still incorrect and causes confusion. If you want to travel by vague terms, better get a good agent.
Chill. My comment was that you cannot tell if a flight is direct or non-stop simply because it has one flight number, and gave the example of MIA-BON and BON_MIA for which AA uses the same flight number, but it is two different flights, both nonstop (thus also direct). All non-stop flights are direct, but not all direct flights are non-stop. Terms get used in different ways for different purposes; being pugnacious about it is not helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom