All the boyz are doing it, now it's our turn!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting all the information Laura, looks like a good product, will pass this info on to my dive buddy.
By the way! Love your Ducati mortorcycle and bikini Awesome! :)

Um, I was referring to a Brazilian wax, not arms and legs. A Brazilian wax, depending on which esthetic salon you go to, leaves either no hair "down there" or only a little "landing strip" (presumably it's called a Brazilian so those Brazilians can wear their itsy-bitsy thongs on the beach).

I haven't heard much from the esthetics world about folliculitis and Brazilian waxing.....

Just checked PubMed, the only abstract I could find related to an outbreak of folliculitis after leg waxing in Australia in 1986...there's an article titled "Folliculitis secondary to waxing for depilation--a cause for concern." but no abstract so I don't know which part of the body was being waxed.

I agree with Icegirl, though: what solutions would you direct someone affected with this to take, see a physician?

My guess with Brazillian waxing is that they stay away from the vulvar area, as the hairs are deeper, more painful, and more bleeding.

In term of diagnosis of folliculitis - I break it up into 2 types.

1. Bacterial folliculitis - which an antibiotic is needed. We used to use Cephalexin or the like, but as TS&M would tell you, we are shifting to cover for the MRSA that is much more frequent now a day.

2. Pseudofolliculitis - or simply ingrown hair. This can be seen after laser hair removal, plucking, shaving or waxing. The curled up immature or regrowing hair shaft pierces the hair follicle or the skin and causes an inflammatory response looking like a zit, a pimple or a pus bump. If it is laser hair removal induced, the best treatment is simply doing laser hair removal again. That will just knock out the ingrown hair. With the other causes, the best treatment is simply quit plucking, quit waxing or quit shaving.

I think only time will tell. I would probably discourage women who are prone to boils, abcesses, and severe acne from utilizing this system.

My guess with Brazillian waxing is that they stay away from the vulvar area, as the hairs are deeper, more painful, and more bleeding.

Um actually if you get the full monty you grit your teeth and pull it all. The only thing I know is that if you don't exfoliate in the first week you are more likely to have problems. I have no medial experience, just some very painful bike rides.

Also if anyone out there is thinking laser talk to your doc -- blond hair wont burn -- translation pain no-gain.

Icegirl, you da man!

The Aurora/ELOS system we had at the plastic surgeons office I used to work at did a good job on the blond hairs... At the time (a year ago this month) it was I believe the only one that was known for being able to zap blonds and do a good job of it.

blurb about it from "top docs" web page

The old systems, they'd darken the blond by dusting with carbon, but if memory serves me the end result was as you say, all suffering no reward.

I'll be uploading a bunch more pictures of the She-P online (I believe they will also be on the wethorse site at some point) They will be covering positioning of the device etc.. I was able to use an anatomically correct plastic model from work so the diagrams will be more accurate and therefor hopefully more helpful.

Um actually if you get the full monty you grit your teeth and pull it all. The only thing I know is that if you don't exfoliate in the first week you are more likely to have problems. I have no medial experience, just some very painful bike rides.

Also if anyone out there is thinking laser talk to your doc -- blond hair wont burn -- translation pain no-gain.

Icegirl, you da man!

My She-P arrived yesterday, so these pictures are extremely helpful! Thanks for taking the time to create and post.

Question for you, icegirl...
Is your She-P smooth around the edge of the opening of the device? I couldn't really tell from the pictures. Mine has a few lumps and bumps. Nothing likely to cut or abrade, but they might be mildly uncomfortable. I'm debating whether to just give it a whirl or use a utility knife to try and smooth it out.

Hello BubblesUp,

We have registered on this forum too :)
We think you will not feel these small lumps and bumps. They are there sometimes because the She-P's are handmade. If they feel uncomfortable, please let us know! We try to avoid them. If we have silicone She-P's (hopefully in 3-4 months), this problem will not be there anymore :)

bye bye from the Netherlands,
Heleen (and Sander)

nice to see you here, heleen!

marci

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom