Sharing dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't leave her sitting in any drips from her bath. Make sure that her spot is dry and stays dry. My guy got pissy from being left in damp spot.
Oh yeah I learned that lesson. Left her with a wet rubber boot on and she stayed amped up and wore herself down. Once she is wet, she stays turned on, even if left alone in the garage.

I find the OP's plan quite practical, only one person is going to dive each day so only bring one set of gear, including one computer (as I understood the OP's post). As some of have said there will be no issue because with diving every other day each person will inherit the other person's previous day's profile. Which the net affect will be a move conservative profile for both while each will have a longer surface interval. Even if one person dives two days in a row the plan would be fine. Both people could dive on the same day and still be fine.

What I find more interesting is the numerous replies that state the OP's plan of using one computer would be risky or dangerous. The rule of not sharing a dive computer is true when both people are diving at the same time which will not be the OP's case.

I find the OP's plan quite practical, only one person is going to dive each day so only bring one set of gear, including one computer (as I understood the OP's post). As some of have said there will be no issue because with diving every other day each person will inherit the other person's previous day's profile. Which the net affect will be a move conservative profile for both while each will have a longer surface interval. Even if one person dives two days in a row the plan would be fine. Both people could dive on the same day and still be fine.

What I find more interesting is the numerous replies that state the OP's plan of using one computer would be risky or dangerous. The rule of not sharing a dive computer is true when both people are diving at the same time which will not be the OP's case.
I agree, if they are using just one computer, namely his. But the OP said she would use hers, except for getting tank pressure from his, and he would use his, ignoring hers. THAT is what people are objecting to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom