Sharing dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same with my Garmin Mk2i. It takes a beathing in Roatan. I had a Sunnto and absolutely hated it. My first trip to Roatan, it quit at 75 ft because it wanted me to switch gases. I'm using air, asshat! Why would I switch? Luckily for my wife and I, we had brought our clunky, chunky Scubapro Lunas. At least, they considered our feelings.
It wanted you to switch because the multi gas function was turned on. The computer doesn't quit it's just a notification and if you hit any button it goes away and continues to track your gas loading based on what gas was originally selected. You have to manually switch the gas for it to start calculating based on the new gas selected, turn the function off and problem solved. Suunto gets a bad rap but they are perfectively fine computers I used one for years with no issues and my wife still uses her D9 as a back up.

On a personal note, I prefer my gear to be compassionate, considers my feelings and accepts me for who I am. I refuse to dive with a computer that doesn't care.
That's smart. I have had my computer get pissed at me before, sometimes in the presence of my friends. It can be embarrassing for me and inconvenient for everyone.

It is not a good situation, sometimes it takes an extended period of time to cool her off and this can be a boring and tedious task, waiting for that b!tch to make up her mind and forgive me for past transgressions. My buddies will sit and complain through the whole ordeal and when I return, they can't seem to comprehend why "I can't just treat her right"?

However, sometimes she becomes completely irrational; I generally make a feeble attempt at appeasement and when that proves to be futile, I just blow her off completely and lock her in the garage for the night. She seems to have a better attitude after a night outdoors.

That's smart. I have had my computer get pissed at me before, sometimes in the presence of my friends. It can be embarrassing for me and inconvenient for everyone.

It is not a good situation, sometimes it takes an extended period of time to cool her off and this can be a boring and tedious task, waiting for that b!tch to make up her mind and forgive me for past transgressions. My buddies will sit and complain through the whole ordeal and when I return, they can't seem to comprehend why "I can't just treat her right"?

However, sometimes she becomes completely irrational; I generally make a feeble attempt at appeasement and when that proves to be futile, I just blow her off completely and lock her in the garage for the night. She seems to have a better attitude after a night outdoors.
That's one advantage of Shearwaters;you never have to lock them in the garage overnight.

I just blow her off completely and lock her in the garage for the night. She seems to have a better attitude after a night outdoors.

Risky move right there. She'll act all contrite and behave for a bit, but next time you dive, she'll lock YOU out.

Payback's a bitch.

lol she was acting up today. Never seen this before, started complaining about oxygen levels! She threw such a hissy fit, just gave me zero time at all depths on the bottom and during ascent and provided no information on nitrogen! 3 days of hard diving did not sit well with her apparently.

She’s getting a cold bath and gonna stay in the garage for the rest of the weekend.

She’s getting a cold bath and gonna stay in the garage for the rest of the weekend.

Harsh but you really need to consider that it's maybe time for an upgrade. There's a lot of fish in the ocean.

Just dive with both computers. You will have the redundancy in case of computer failure to prevent missing any of a days dives. Leave both computers in dive mode, and keep within NDL of both computers. Your individual risks will be lessened. Your dive profiles will match what you could have as a daily diver. If anything, you will be safer overall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom