AGIR BROKK have my money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Back in August I ordered direct from Agir-Brokk an STA. I received receipt of order confirmation but then heard nothing for over a month.

I emailed them three times enquiring where my order was. No reply.

About two weeks ago Mr. Agir rang me to say they had none in stock (why take my money?) but he would look in the warehouse to see if he had one ona shelf. Told me he'd call me back the next day. Crickets.

Now emails are bouncing back, phone goes through to message, I cannot speak Swedish, and website link now says "cannot connect to server".

Not impressed.

Does anyone know if they have gone under?

I can't charge back on my CC as bank says it's longer than 30 days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Looking in the Swedish company registries, it looks strange and not particularly promising. They fused a few years ago with another anonymously named company which is part of a larger concern of companies in the mining business. That company shows no revenue and doesn't seem to be filing its reports. It looks a lot like it was winding down.

Latest filed report for Agir Sweden AB from 2019 literally says "the company is winding down". Though they apparently continued to exist in some form for a while after that.

Their website is gone, too.

Yes, website not there.

Interesting development, I found the mobile phone number I was called from a few weeks back. A Swedish (?) man answered, he apologised profusely and said he forgot to call me back. Said he would refund the amount but said he could not refund to my credit card as apparently funds go to some bank in Ireland into a holding account before hitting his bank account. He's asked for my bank details and says he make a bank transfer.

I'm nervous...

IMG_7374.png

Back
Top Bottom