AGIR BROKK have my money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait, how old is this picture?
View attachment 864895

I just want to know if SP copied George Lucas or if it was the other way around.

IMG_1635.jpeg

I can't charge back on my CC as bank says it's longer than 30 days.

This doesn't sound right. Typically you get up to 120 days to dispute a charge and from a quick search according to US law you get a minimum of 60 days. Of course if you're not in the US that's irrelevant but you may want to look into this further and not take the word of some bank customer service rep.

Exactly.

138$USD is less than a good steak dinner for two with cocktails. Giving out your bank account details is inviting someone to empty that account.

Boy do I feel like an europoor...what are you going to Michelin star restaurants for dinners ? :wink:

Yes, I have a feeling...

I've had zero contact from this person via anything using Agir Brokk email or phone number. Just a phone call from a private mobile and an email address that does not say Agir but is a collection of numbers.

You are all correct and I think handing over my bank info is more than a little risky.

View attachment 864884

So all other woes about the dubious company registrations, winding down and stuff aside but paying via bank transfer is really nothing unusual in Europe. And giving somebody your IBAN (as that is literally all that is needed to make a transfer, nothing else) is hardly any risk. Heck there is lots of companies publishing their IBAN details in public. You cannot even log in with it to any bank service for that matter, hence unsure how the money is to be stolen.
You are actually at more risk divulging your Paypal email address as that is effectively giving out part of your login. But again, as a smart guy you do not have a simple password, are not re-using it and have 2FA enabled. And Paypal has alias creation service where you can just use that, and not even divulge your real email.

As for that "Telia.com" email address - look that company up, major telecomms provider in Sweden. And it is normal that when getting broadband/phone services you often get an email address with a company, just not many people use this. Heck, I have one with BE main telecom as well. And the 0871... number is landline number, 08 prefix with a total of 11 digits would point at Stockholm area and this would be consistent with the address in an email stamp. Which happens to be the very address that was listed on Agir website - link via WayBackMachine below. Even better, you can see there the actual phone number, which matches the number at Telia thing.

1728488650831.png

Whois also points to Telia as in using Telia DNS servers. If they are winding down, their web/mail server might no longer be active, hence the email from broadband account. Who knows.

1728489235231.png

Boy do I feel like an europoor...what are you going to Michelin star restaurants for dinners ? :wink:

<snip>

Inflation.

Local steak house, excellent food & service. They dry-age steaks on premises. Unfortunately my dollar isn't going as far as it used to. When I moved here in 2016, dinner w/drinks was around 100 or so; same dinner is now closer to 180. We dine out less frequently.

Inflation.

Local steak house, excellent food & service. They dry-age steaks on premises. Unfortunately my dollar isn't going as far as it used to. When I moved here in 2016, dinner w/drinks was around 100 or so; same dinner is now closer to 180. We dine out less frequently.

And here I thought BE is expensive. And that I bet does not even include the lovely mandatory tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom