A day in the life!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a day off yesterday!!!!! Oh my god it was sweet, I slept in until 9 am!!!!!

Anyway, took out a nice group today to Columbia Deep and Columbia Shallows. Two very nice dives. Very uneventful, just nice and relaxing. I had an afternoon trip also, but it got cancelled due to a thunder storm in the area. I know we would be ok under the water, but the captain sitting on the boat could be in some peril. As it was, the storm was gone by the time the trip was to leave, but by then the choice had been made. Oh well.

Taking out a group tomorrow morning with a request for the north side. Then a new open water referral student starting in the afternoon.

It's currently 8;15 pm here and I'm already in bed. That plus a day off equals the best weekend ever!!!! : )

It is good to sleep in and catch up on much needed rest. Glad you had a good weekend.
Are you heading up to Baracuda/San Juan? I don't usually request up North unless we all have agreed and all divers are approximately the same on air.
Man when we went with Jose from BA and a group of 5-6 of us I was expecting a fast drift like the year before, but instead there was only a light current and it made for a relaxing deep wall dive, just fantastic.

It is good to sleep in and catch up on much needed rest. Glad you had a good weekend.
Are you heading up to Baracuda/San Juan? I don't usually request up North unless we all have agreed and all divers are approximately the same on air.
Man when we went with Jose from BA and a group of 5-6 of us I was expecting a fast drift like the year before, but instead there was only a light current and it made for a relaxing deep wall dive, just fantastic.

The request was to go look for eagle rays, you know how that goes. I know all the divers on the boat, and they are all more than qualified, but once we are all on the boat we could end up anywhere. : )

just got back from the trip up north. We saw three eagle rays at the big split in the wall. 3 is better than none! Now just waiting for my new open water student to show up.

this afternoon was good. My new open water referral student was great. The hi light was finding out that her instructors for the pool and classroom portion are both people who I trained!!!! One of them did his DM with me, then I staffed his IDC. The other did his DM and assistant instructor with me. Nice job guys.

Well, I had a great group of divers yesterday morning. They are all folks who have been diving with us regularly for years and require very little (if any) supervision. To be honest with folks like these having one of our guides in the water is pretty much just a formality. We went to Columbia deep, which was great. I found a swimthrough a few weeks ago that has a tunnel off the side of it that I have been wanting to check out, but because of how dark it is I have been hesitant to go into it with people. Not the best idea to lead folks into a small dark space when you don't know the people, or the space. : ) Well yesterday I ended up there again with only two excellent divers left in the water, that was my chance. It is full of glassy sweepers and was awesome. It was like a mini devil's throat, spitting us out over the wall at about 104 feet. Very cool.

In the afternoon I finished up with my open water referral student with dives at Tormentos and Chankanaab shallows. She did amazingly well. After a 55 minute dive at Tormentos she surfaced with over 1000 psi in her tank. Time for a Nitrox course I think : )

Last night was the last night of Carnival parades, and I was well behaved.... ish. Had a nice time wandering around and chatting with friends. Then home early so I would be bright eyed for my 8 am boat this morning. It seems that several of our clients were not quite so well behaved last night. We had a bunch of cancellations this morning, which means my boat was cancelled. Surprise!!! : ) Oh well, going out on the 11 am boat with the folks from the mainland shops instead. That is always an adventure. Then a night dive tonight to finish up the Advanced certification for my 76 year young student.

As always, if you are reading this, thanks for taking an interest.

Thank YOU for posting. I don't always comment but faithfully read your updates to get my daily-ish Cozumel underwater fix.

Well yesterday I ended up there again with only two excellent divers left in the water, that was my chance. It is full of glassy sweepers and was awesome. It was like a mini devil's throat, spitting us out over the wall at about 104 feet. Very cool.

Remember where that is - hope we can work out a little journey out there in November?!?!?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom