Best tacos in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ruta 25 is quite good. Food truck that has a covered patio. El pastor on a spit. Excellent salsas to accompany your tacos. 25 Ave Norte, between calle 4 and 6.

I agree that Tacotales is not what it once was. We often go there on our first day, because it's walking distance to Mega and good ATMs which is where we usually need to go on our arrival day.

El Pique is always worth a try, but I feel they have been hit or miss the last few years.

I like ceviche.
I can make it a long day. I'm out of the boat by noon or so and can do the tacos till 10:00 pm....should be able to hit most of them.
Many good recommendations here so far. I have been to all of the above except 2.

Depending where you are staying many of these are walkable from centro. I suggest you limit to 2 or 3 different ones in one day. Otherwise I am sure you will like the first place you try the best and less so the ones that follow.

Here are a few more:

Carnitas La Rorrita Diaz-AV Andres Q Roo near 100th​

Taqueria El Chef Angel-30 av con 29 esquina, San Miguel II​

Mister Taco-Av Lic Benito Juárez​

We also like Ruta 25.

If you're looking for a cold beer with your tacos, many of those don't serve alcohol. You can get a beer at El Pique, Los Tacotales, and Taq Tzalam. Not sure about Taq Diaz.

Yes beer at Diaz 100%

Life is more than just tacos...Rusti.Co located at Adolfo Rosado Salas, No. 1511 has some seriously good Oaxacan chow. Plus more kinds of mescal than you can shake a stick at.

We also like Ruta 25.

If you're looking for a cold beer with your tacos, many of those don't serve alcohol. You can get a beer at El Pique, Los Tacotales, and Taq Tzalam. Not sure about Taq Diaz.
Yes Diaz has beer.

Glad to see Taqueria Diaz here, probably my favourite but they aren't often mentioned on these lists.

Los Tacotales (formerly Los Otates) is convenient, especially after a night dive, they're closest to most hotels. But yeah, they're just ok these days.

Los Seras is good, but they don't have the typical onion/cilantro garnish on the table (some tacos are served with onion/cilantro already on it). Good salsas. I've never ordered a pizza from them but am always tempted.

I always make a point to go to El Chino Marinero (at Calle 1 / 20th Ave, around the corner from the mercado) for fish or shrimp tacos. Or tortas. Open for lunch.

I wasn't impressed with El Pique, but haven't been there in years.

I've also heard good things about Mister Taco and Arabian Tacos, but have not tried them... yet... next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom