Best tacos in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy El Foco. Now I am wondering if no one else mentioned them because they are not as good as the others mentioned. Think we might try some of the others.

I enjoy El Foco. Now I am wondering if no one else mentioned them because they are not as good as the others mentioned. Think we might try some of the others.

If this is El Foco on 5th Ave between c5 and c7, we liked that place just fine. Only thing I didn't like was several dogs, apparently owned or adopted by the staff, hanging around begging for scraps.

If this is El Foco on 5th Ave between c5 and c7, we liked that place just fine. Only thing I didn't like was several dogs, apparently owned or adopted by the staff, hanging around begging for scraps.
I assumed that was the restaurant that he was referring to. I didn't mind the dogs as they were well behaved, just as I didn't mind the pigeons at the old El Sitio location, the dog at Colores & Sabores, or the cat(s) at La Cocay.
I don't know why I don't find it objectionable in Mexico, because if that crap were pulled here in the US, I'd pitch a fit. No one wants to get me started on "emotional support animals".

I assumed that was the restaurant that he was referring to. I didn't mind the dogs as they were well behaved, just as I didn't mind the pigeons at the old El Sitio location, the dog at Colores & Sabores, or the cat(s) at La Cocay.
I don't know why I don't find it objectionable in Mexico, because if that crap were pulled here in the US, I'd pitch a fit. No one wants to get me started on "emotional support animals".
Here in Texas we have grackles that will land on your table and walk right up to steal food from your plate while you are sitting there. Don't even get me started on what will happen to your car's paint job if you park under certain trees. :D

I love this thread. Even someone like me, who has been to Cozumel many times, can find new recommendations. Gracias!

El Pique still the best for all time though. :wink:

That's the place. I don't know streets in Cozumel but the dog, Ringo I believe his name is, sounds like the place. We have house pups so it doesn't bother me that much. Now f I were to go somewhere in the states that allow that, I don't know.

We were on the hunt for best tacos when in Cozumel last month. We loved mister taco best. Their salsa is spicy and we loved it. Tzalam Taqueria was our second favorite. And then El Pique was third. Didn’t get to try all the places of course but we were specifically on the hunt for the best pastor tacos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom