Best tacos in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One place that I seldomly see mentioned here is Kusam Brewery. Along with tasty tacos(I get mine without the refried beans), their beers and mojito's are really enjoyable.

I am going solo to Cozumel this September. My first solo trip outside the US.

I have been to Cozumel three times before but always in group charters and such.

I will be doing mostly morning dives which will lend me to having my afternoons free for exploration and such.

One thing I truly enjoy is tacos, well...who doesn't?

So.....what I thought I would do is rent a scooter for one or two days and tour Cozumel and hit up the various taco houses on the island and sample a recommended taco or two from each of them. I have been dieting lately and have shed about 20 pounds and will lose another six to reach my goal.

So, here is what I propose.

I am willing the make the sacrifice of my waistline in order to determine where one should go for the best tacos. I will try to hit as many of the taco houses as I can in the one or two days I have to do this.

If you have a favorite taco house for me to sample please list the name and the street address of the place and the taco you think I should eat.
I am not a picky eater and am fine with octopus, shrimp, beef, pork chicken, tongue....you name it. The only thing I ask is that this be a sit down restaurant where I can enjoy the meal, no street vendors.

I ask of you to list the one place and the one taco you think should be on my list.

Bon apatite,
Mudbug
Did you find our Blog Mudbug? Cozumel Tacos: Discover the Best Tacos in Cozumel with Us!

One place that I seldomly see mentioned here is Kusam Brewery. Along with tasty tacos(I get mine without the refried beans), their beers and mojito's are really enjoyable.
That will definitely be a taxi taco test time.

We went to ElPique for dinner tonight. It was excellent we do order las Sera’s for deliver only as they do not serve beer. My husband loves the pastor pizza. We have tried Tzalam on 30 and on the Transversal. 30 was better, the transversal location has A/C. Tacos were marginal bit it was cool with no mosquitos. We have tried Mr Tacos several times, it just keeps us going back to ElPique!

As a local, my favourite pastor tacos are by far "los Arcos" Av. Lic. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell 600 Miguel hidalgo. The place is not the best looking restaurant but I guarantee that the food is very good and affordable!

You know everyone loves el pique, but it isnt my favorite.

I really like Mr Taco by the fire station. really good. My favorite.
And newer place, on 25, Ruta 25 has really good tacos. They also do a baked potato filled with taco. That thrills my missus' Irish heart. And like an Arabian flat taco thing.
I do like Los Seras too.

So many tacos, so little time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom