A day in the life!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjatkins

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am an instructor/DM at one of the resorts here on Cozumel, and many people ask me what it's like to be here doing this job. I thought it might be fun to start a thread/blog about my daily activities, and since this is the Cozumel forum, it seemed like the appropriate audience. I'm not here to promote one or another shop or restaurant, there are many of each to fit all tastes. Hopefully though, I can be an interesting few minutes in the day of people who share a love of this island and it's marine park.

To anyone who follows along, thanks for reading. For now I'm off to bed, another day of diving awaits in the morning......... that is unless this north wind keeps up. The topic for today's blog, dive when the weather is good. who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Goodnight,
Matthew

Sounds like fun reading. Looking forward to more entries.

Bring on the stories, as it will only highten the anticipation for the next trip

Seems like a great idea for a thread. I look forward to hearing about some of the divers you have to put up, I mean, um, get the privilege of diving with. :wink:

Well, I wish I had a better story to start off with, but it's windy a cold here today. I know, I know, cold is a relative term depending on where you are reading this from, but it's currently 63F/17C and heading down (I'm told) to a low of 55F/13C. For here, that's pretty cold. I put on socks!

Anyway, no diving today, so I spent the day sending out emails to people booked at the resort telling them about the training opportunities we have at the shop. Just because I'm not wet doesn't mean I'm not working. Also planning out the logistics of an Assistant Instructor course I will be teaching this winter. I love teaching Divemaster and Assistant Instructor courses, I think that is where I can make a difference in the future of the sport.

Hopefully tomorrow will have a more exciting post to share, but maybe today's topic is that as with any job, there is at least as much going on behind the scenes in tiny offices as there is in the public's view. It's not all glamour in a speedo!

Matthew

Brrrr

I tell people back home that it's really cold at 16c and they laugh.

But. The fact is that homes here are very very cold in the winter and there's usually not any heating to speak of We have 2 duvets on our bed now and the socks have made an appearance.

But when you're wet, that north wind rips through you like a frozen sheet of ice.

Brrrr. Hoping for some warm days to come.

Good blog, keep up the posts!

Matthew, looking forward the further posts...and warmer weather :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom