6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K now my important question. Where are we parking? This sounds like an invasion lol. And I dove at ala on Tues and there wasnt a whole lot of parking available. Is there another spot to park?

we'll it looks like we'll finally get to try this tooth diving thing. vacation starts friday
so we can hit venice then head down to lbts for the rest of the week.
i was bringing assorted breads for first trip then it got postponed.
and i had to go to boston for work. wasn't sure if i could make
this one. I guess i'll still get bread and some assorted fruits got to have some snacks.
hope this is ok .

been on the board for a while seen some of you but always seem to miss all the big events If theres room one the boat great if full thats good too beach will be fine.
first dive on west coast.

p.s. two divers
two non divers

LP gas is ok, as we have seen and done from the past. I'm not sure if "Sterno" would be in the open flames catagory. It might be because there is no way to shut it off if it spills... Just a thought

I have the "gel" no spill cans - What a sad thing if I can not warm up the dishes, because the casserole is soooo good with warm melty cheese.

:snorkel:

K now my important question. Where are we parking? This sounds like an invasion lol. And I dove at ala on Tues and there wasnt a whole lot of parking available. Is there another spot to park?

You'll have to pull up ad drop your things off and then go park down the road. Maybe hitch a ride back with a passing SB'er :D

I have the "gel" no spill cans - What a sad thing if I can not warm up the dishes, because the casserole is soooo good with warm melty cheese.

:snorkel:

You're fine. Oh, and I will be the one drooling over the casserole.

I guess i'll still get bread and some assorted fruits got to have some snacks.
hope this is ok .

Assorted breads and fruit will be great.

I think Jamie has room on his 1:p.m for two. He is doing great keeping the list updated so....

You're fine. Oh, and I will be the one drooling over the casserole.

I am drooling just from buying the ingredients todays. I grabbed some Avacodos for salads or the casserole. These things are like a mexican lasagna very meaty and I will be making 3 or 4 depending on how far the ingredients go, Yummmy

I am looking forward to meeting everyone! I would see you at the pressbox but I will be slaving away over the casseroles. So have one for me :beer:

I am drooling just from buying the ingredients todays. I grabbed some Avacodos for salads or the casserole. These things are like a mexican lasagna very meaty and I will be making 3 or 4 depending on how far the ingredients go, Yummmy

I am looking forward to meeting everyone! I would see you at the pressbox but I will be slaving away over the casseroles. So have one for me :beer:

Bummer. I'll have one for ya though.:drunks: Going there right after my dive on Friday afternoon. Busy two days. What kind of dressing were you looking for? I have a ranch in my pantry.

Miss coming through with an update....

***Attendees*****​

:bananalama: Note, We have gone from about ten to near 70 SB'ers :bananalama:

Cbulla clan (6) – Box of chicken and a thing of potato salad from Publix
Cigami (1) - Pumpkin Desert
Krawdaddy (3) - hot dog buns and fruit bread
CoolTech, RawkStar, KBeck (3) - Case of ice cold water and a case of Diet Coke
Lil’ Castaway (1) – A variety and several LARGE bags of chips
DV4Fun (1)
Reef Raker (5) – Nacho Casserole and Potato Salad
ScubaJenny and the newly minted diver.... Hermit Crab :yelclap: (2) – Carmel Corn and mango salsa
SharkBaite and guests (3) –
ScubaIvan (1) -
Bdrannik + 3 (4) -
DeepSeaExplorer + JollyRoger (2) - 100 bottles of water and 10 12-packs of soda - I think drinks are definitely off of the list now :D
Truck1 + son (2) - Yum, yum chili and a canopy.
BlondeAmbition (1) - covered by Truck1
CardZard and Roxanne (2) - Three boxes of chicken
MichelleA + 1 (2)
Sadie199 + Hubby (2)
MissDirected + one teen (2) - Plates, napkins, forks, trashbags, and plenty of hot dogs
LilSis (1) - Covered by MissD
Walter + Teenietinynancy (2)
LJMongy (1)
dkramer + 2 (3) - Case of Pepsi and three tubs chicken from Publix
PolarBearBen (1) - 2 tubs Chilled Pasta Salad - Yummy :)
JoysterShell + MegaMikey (2) - Lots of muffins for the morning
Brewone0to, Mrs. Brew, and two friends (4) - Coleslaw and box of chicken
RealJet (1) - Canopy
III + ScubaAnn (2) - Cookies and some fruit
Diver_11 + one diving friend and 2 non-diving friend (4) - Fruit and assorted breads
losttravekerfl (1) - Chicken and drinks
safyrewulfie + one diver (2) - Coffee for the morning and donut holes to go with the muffins Joystershell is bringing.
MyNameHere + one (2) -

I'm thinking boxes/buckets of chicken, like from Publix, is going to be the way to go for the main meal, along with the chili, hotdogs, and nacho casserole. So whatever peeps would like to go with those items would be great.

Also, I will bring the big ScubaBoard Banner so's we are easy to find :biggrin:I've made some poles so it can stand on its own.

This thing is getting big :bananalama:

Last edited:
Capt. Jamie,

I need in someplace if there is room left... Will not need a tank
holder space in the rack - can wear it.

If you have room for two others also, Harry and his wife are
coming down (Instructor couple that had been out with us
before - Harry is the fellow originally from Alaska that works with me).

Brent

Its going to look like a Invasion !!!!!WOW !!!! Update Vis today is still good one spot top to bottom other spot 8-10 ft. Heard other area beside BONEYARD is not so good .

9am FULL
Colin & Kris
Dennis & Roxanne
Brian
Ben/polar bear
Jenny
Eileen,Hubby,
Sarah & Travis
Marla
11am
Bill
Jenny