6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also Port Charlotte. I'm free for the next 2 weeks & then it's back to school & diving will be limited to weekends.

Plenty of witnesses, including Jaimie! :D
Yes, but I have seen many pictures from said witnesses (and their teeth), and Jamie and his pictures... Oddly, none of them show you with anything, or you for that matter... just pushing the brick... :14:

So by reading the posts, it seems I will never find a Meg either for at least a year? And if I can only dive when I have a buddy that means I could retire before I find one.. Acckk...

Photos of the teeth I found.
sharksteeth.jpg

megs.jpg

Nice flag in the background too, Jenny! I could only wish that it made it's way to our pavillion for signing. Lot's of your old friends would have felt honored to be included. We wish you all the best for your B-Day... & are probably envious of your finds!
:lotsalove:

Well, I'm not envious of your finds, but I am sorry I never knew there was a flag to sign.

Ok, I'm late to the after-party, but now I'm here to say it was a great day, and great seeing everyone!! We got there to find a line of tents and umbrellas set up, so we went to the end of the line and got going on the handy new mega-tent Jim wisely invested in. Littlejohn and his gang also showed up and had the same tent, and set up right next to us.

We headed out to dive, and I reaffirmed my not-so-confidence with low viz conditions (gosh, I'm spoiled!), discussed a plan, and headed down, holding on to CT's flag-line as a "buddy-line" as we went through that icky-red-crud and white nasties (i'm told the red stuff was mating or something--blech)....... I quickly realized I couldn't stay with everyone at once, and lost track of my flag-carriers several times. I do apologize to you guys for that.
However, as we hit the cement blocks, the viz cleared enough to make me comfortable to start hunting in earnest, and yep, a little of that "tooth hunt" excitement kicked in. Jim found me after an hour and indicated he was hungry and ready to go in.

We grabbed some pot luck and settled in for some chatting and checking out prizes as others came and went from boat and beach dives......nice finds for everyone I saw!

After our second dive, it was soon time to start clean-up and repacking...ick, my least favorite part....as I fought a losing battle of please-keep-the-sand-and-water-out-of-my-brand-new-car (while trying to convince an 18 year old of this too....right...)

Jenny, never got to see that Birthday card/flag--you know we're there in spirit!! I can so totally see you finding those under water and doing the Jenny dance!!!!

Dennis/Roxanne--great thanks for the RB barrels...yum! They were my treat for the long 4-hour drive home from Jim's the next day...I really gotta hunt the candy aisle closer....

Thanks to everyone who worked to put this shindig together, and glad to meet so many more new SB'ers...wow, we're getting sooooo huge!!!

So.....when's the next dive/party? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom