4th Annual Venice Beach Fossil Hunting & Birthday BASH! (6/24/06)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanPHudson:
i wanna go i wanna go!!! what should i bring? where do i meet someone? can anyone help me? i live in venice...

Give look at cardzard's posts, including the first one in the thread. There's a link to a map there, and all the info...

Man, it's good to see you back! It's been too long.

SharkBaite:
Ok Ok I have been away for way to long.... My eyes are finally healed and I have been back in the water for about a week or so... so this will be my first salt water dive in almost 3 months....

I have to check and see if I still have al the parts for my carport shade, since we have had a few storms since we last used it my parents may have stolen parts to fix theirs..... but will look anyhow and see...

As for the boat. its possible I can haul it up there but I am also checking to see if I can get a BIGGER boat to use for the day... if I can get my brother to borrow it from a friend of ours in Englewood..... will let ya'll know.

Count me in see ya all there....

Ok folks heres the latest updated list of whos coming and what they are bringing
If you were trying to decide if you should come, what could be better than a Saturday with this group.
SO JOIN US your diving skill DOES NOT MATTER
We love to meet new people there will be children and non divers attending.

Cardzard & Roxanne - Roxanne and I will bring 36 hambuger patties and 42 hot dogs along with buns and condiments. She will also make baked beans for the potluck lunch. We also have paper plates,utensils, napkins and charcoal.

Scuba Jenny & Hermit Crab - Homemade cookies & healthy stuff
ffestpirate & wife - Something
thedaddy & daughter - Cooler and liters of soda
Adurso with wife & daughter - Virginia BBQ, cooler with ice and rolls
Reef guy & clan - Potato Salad
Deep Sea Wolf & clan
Cbulla & clan - Pasta salad & Water
Brewoneoto & Shelly
UB
Scubafool & clan - Deviled Eggs
pcarlson1911, In laws & Nieces - Meat for the grill and breakfast souffles
Matteo - Side dish,cups and cooler with ice
xcntry & Bev - Salad or something and sun shade wing
Michaelb51 & Kay - Grill & charcoal,couple gallons of Publix brand sweet & unsweetened tea, fresh fruit, 'lopes, melons and whatnot.
Sharkbaite - Boat & shade maybe
DanPHudson

If anyone has portable tables to set food on bring them, I will be bringing 2 but could use more.

Ok it looks like the grill and shade issue has been taken care of but you can never have enough sun shade so if you have something bring it.

Don't forget your beach chairs and sunscreen lotion

Direction are on the first post in this thread.
only 3 days to go WHOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be starting our long drive in the morning, my wife was able to get leave at the last moment so she is coming as well. I just finished packing the dive gear in the Suburban, we cannot wait to get there! What has the viz been like?

About the vis:Keep your fingers crossed. Things are looking good at the moment, but that has, on rare occasions, been known to change :0

Post take two! SB disappeared with the last one and I lost the text.

KBulla is making pasta salad for the outing.. she's douting her culinary skills to create such item in the great Winnebago, however the tools are all there unbeknownst to her!

For those who don't know what this bash is about, its Kris's Birthday on the 28th and for the last... well 4 years now we've been having a dive party for her at Venice Beach. Each year its gotten a little bigger, more fun, and always some great dives and great finds... someone always finds a meg! I believe a cake is being brought, presents aren't necessary, but being around for a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday is greatly appreciated. For the mathematically minded, she was born in '72. Walters birthday is also around this time as is Anne I believe (someone help me, I'm drawing a blank as to if that is correct or not) and with so many so close here its become the annual birthday bash and great excuse to have a Venice dive party in June even though the temps are in the mid-90's.

Welcome to all the new folks who will be in attendance and for all our old friends from events past I can't wait to see yawl again!

If anyone has questions, call me.. my # is in the sig line!

adurso:
We will be starting our long drive in the morning, my wife was able to get leave at the last moment so she is coming as well. I just finished packing the dive gear in the Suburban, we cannot wait to get there! What has the viz been like?

Good to hear your wife will to make the trip also.
You folks have a SAFE DRIVE and we will see you Saturday.

It's too early to rely upon, but here's a predictive model for boundary layer winds for Saturday. Looks like a not-too-beefy low is about to kick off a little earlier than expected and be over the east coast by midday Sat., which will probably just result in "less flat" water than we've had this week so far. Thunderstorm odds go to 50% for the day and the seabreeze pattern that has been protecting us midday is departing.

Winds are already shifting to a little more Northerly, and Friday will bring a little more wind than Saturday will. Sunday, by this model, may hold lower and more variable winds. After that, a summertime low pressure passage may dominate the workweek.

This is not a bad weekend weather forecast. I'm planning to dive Saturday, and possibly Sunday. Tune in tomorrow for (probably) completely different forecasts.

blwindkt_blwinddeg.curr+2.18z.png

Hiya Welcome to Florida. If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom