4th Annual Venice Beach Fossil Hunting & Birthday BASH! (6/24/06)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kids are very welcome at this event! My boys are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 and will be there as well. :)

Shade.. we need shade.. where is SharkBaite?!!?

pcarlson1911:
OK - If you all don't mind some Great Lakes Wrecking Crew folks crashing your party, my wife and I would love to join you. It will be nice to dive in warm water with 2' vis.

We will be staying at my in laws in Venice, so howbout I bring a couple of breakfast souffles?

We will probably have my in laws and 2 and 4 year old nieceand nephew in tow. We will bring some meat for the grill for lunch as well.
pc

xcntry:
I have a brand new wing sunshade that i can bring. I say new cause I haven't set it up yet and that is really scary. It could be sorta like the 15 stooges trying to put it up for the first time, but I'm willing to bring it if people don't laugh too much.

Bring it! what in the world does a wing sunshade look like?
<does it fit on a back plate?>

It's a river runner's shade that uses oars as supports for the tarp and kinda looks like a wing if you use your imagination. Since I don't have my oars here in Florida, I'll use kayak paddles. Good for setting up on a beach.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, maybe I'd better try to set it up before this weekend just to make sure it will work with the paddles....

CBulla:
Kids are very welcome at this event! My boys are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 and will be there as well. :) And my friend Chris is like 6yo and he'll be there too

Shade.. we need shade.. where is SharkBaite?!!?
Thanks pal:D

Since it's about 100 yards from here, wife Kay and I will definitely be around, and we will bring a charcoal grill.

I have a 10 X 13 screen room that I can bring to add to the shade.

I'll also bring a couple gallons of Publix brand sweet tea. Also unsweetened, (if there are any requests.) Kay says we'll also bring good fresh fruit, 'lopes, melons and whatnot.

Now I'm excited. Right now they're calling for an East Northeast wind under 10mph and 30% afternoon CuNimbs.

edit to add:
Tides: 06/24/2006 Sat 10:38AM LDT 2.5 H 07:32PM LDT -0.4 L

Ok folks heres the latest updated list of whos coming and what they are bringing
If you were trying to decide if you should come, what could be better than a Saturday with this group.
SO JOIN US your diving skill DOES NOT MATTER
We love to meet new people there will be children and non divers attending.

Cardzard & Roxanne - Roxanne and I will bring 36 hambuger patties and 42 hot dogs along with buns and condiments. She will also make baked beans for the potluck lunch. We also have paper plates,utensils, napkins and charcoal.

Scuba Jenny & Hermit Crab - Homemade cookies & healthy stuff
ffestpirate & wife - Something
thedaddy & daughter - Cooler and liters of soda
Adurso & daughter - Virginia BBQ, cooler with ice and rolls
Reef guy & clan - Potato Salad
Deep Sea Wolf & clan
Cbulla & clan
Brewoneoto & Shelly
UB
Scubafool & clan - Deviled Eggs
pcarlson1911, In laws & Nieces - Meat for the grill and breakfast souffles
Matteo - Side dish,cups and cooler with ice
xcntry & Bev - Salad or something and sun shade wing
Michaelb51 & Kay - Grill & charcoal,couple gallons of Publix brand sweet & unsweetened tea, fresh fruit, 'lopes, melons and whatnot.

Ok it looks like the grill and shade issue has been taken care of but you can never have enough sun shade so if you have something bring it.
Don't forget your beach chairs
Direction are on the first post in this thread.
only 4 days to go WHOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I broke my first rule of going places/doing things - I actually made sure things worked before I got there. Ok, so, everything's cool with the shade tarp. I forgot this one has poles, so I won't need oars or paddles (but I'll bring the paddles anyway). I won't try anything else out before Saturday, cause I don't want to develop any bad habits.

Ok Ok I have been away for way to long.... My eyes are finally healed and I have been back in the water for about a week or so... so this will be my first salt water dive in almost 3 months....

I have to check and see if I still have al the parts for my carport shade, since we have had a few storms since we last used it my parents may have stolen parts to fix theirs..... but will look anyhow and see...

As for the boat. its possible I can haul it up there but I am also checking to see if I can get a BIGGER boat to use for the day... if I can get my brother to borrow it from a friend of ours in Englewood..... will let ya'll know.

Count me in see ya all there....

i wanna go i wanna go!!! what should i bring? where do i meet someone? can anyone help me? i live in venice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom