2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had three new years resolutions
1) To eat no Mcdonalds (completed in 2010, going for year 2)
2) To eat no Buger King (First attempt)
3) To save a years worth of change - Failed because I needed it for my drive from NY to FL
4 - Replacing #3-) Lose 10 lbs and increase cardiovascular fitness
5) Hit 50 dives before summer 2012 (just made this one up :D )

I had three new years resolutions
1) To eat no Mcdonalds (completed in 2010, going for year 2)
2) To eat no Buger King (First attempt)
3) To save a years worth of change - Failed because I needed it for my drive from NY to FL
4 - Replacing #3-) Lose 10 lbs and increase cardiovascular fitness
5) Hit 50 dives before summer 2012 (just made this one up :D )

I know what you mean about the fast food. You start eating healthier and that stuff starts tasting really gross. Glad you joined us and keep us updated on your progress.

Ditto on the fast food. I have virtually eliminated all fast food. Will have it once in a while, but try to avoid it. Wendy's chocolate frosty.. that's a different story. But even they have a lot of WW points, so I go easy on them. Special occasions only.

I am stuck. Looked at my progress chart and have been at this weight for 7 weeks! gain some, lose it, gain it, lose it, gain it. ugh. Enough. I resolve to count all my WW points. That's what I haven't been doing-tracking my points. Starting NOW! Want to be at goal, which is another 20lbs by Christmas. It is doable, if I focus and pay attention to those points!!

FOCUS!!! Pay attention to the little things.. the BLTs! Bites, Licks, and Tastes! They all add up!

Ok, finally got a run in this morning. Well, actually it was a jog at a very slow pace. Something to get my heart rate up a little and get me into fat burning mode. I went for just a little over an hour. Feel good afterwards, not like I overdid it, which is what I usually end up doing.

Good to hear you're moving around there Rox! Good job!

I got my butt outta bed this morning. Finally got to bed at a normal time and got a normal amount of sleep.

Cut my toe on some broken glass the other night at the beach. So this mornings run at the dog park included shoes. EWWW!!! I lasted a mile before I took them off and I had happy feet again. It was the first time I have run in shoes since my last 5K on Memorial Day. Don't know what I'm going to do this winter. Might just have to go with my VFFs, but even they aren't as comfortable as they used to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom