2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good!
And I am over the half way point! Whoo hoo.. well, unless I get to goal and decide I need to drop the goal a to a lower number. Standing in the mirror this morning, I think I need to lose more than 20. But.. that is a decision I don't need to make today.

Ok... I'm coming here with less than good news... I fail this week miserably.
First class I couldn't attend, second class I couldn't keep up. I must be the most uncoordinated person in the planet.

I can do a 1 move exercise, but to mix a squat with with lunge followed byt a whatever arms up with heavy stuff in my hands I end up in circles.

Oh Ana, I am so glad I'm not the only one. I was doing those Richard Simmons videos years ago and I swear I wanted to throw rocks at the TV! I couldn't ever get those moves! And Zumba last year.. the same thing! Lookit my skin color. I'm White. I can't dance! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Glad you are trying though. Give it some time and give yourself a break. You will be rockin' and rollin' in no time!

Got to the park this morning with the pups, and did a couple miles. Forgot my pedometer so can only guestimate... then I lost track of laps. oh well. Does it really matter? I got some good exercise. Also did some lunges and high steps while I was walking inbetween the runs. At the end I used the ramp of one of the dog obstacles for sit ups. Still can't do a sit up from laying down, so the slight ramp works well.

hey!!! is not funny... if I wanted to dance I'd go to a club. It is a a freaking gym let's do the stupid exercises one at a time putting attention to the form.
But nooooo, sudenly silly dancing music and all kinds of weird combinations. I like angry punk heavy mettal music and just one exercise at a time until half way dead.
I guess there were many "skinny dancing teenage girls" during the summer and they corrupted the instructor, I was mostly out to sea weeks at a time so I missed a bunch of classes... maybe they go to school soon and the place goes back to the formal torture chamber that used to be.

I'm out of town again with long work days, so you are the hero for another week. I'll try to take over the following week.

Good you can take advantage of a ramp for the sit ups, I'm not bad with sit ups, should do more of them and more often.

Be safe out there. Will be looking for your posts on how you were able to exercise while out to sea! :D Look forward to you taking over!

Dang I wish I could. Spent two weeks losing really good, now I blame my company in town for the poor food choices. :D :D Weigh in this week is not looking good...

You can do it, Roxanne! Kick butt!!!

Thanks I need it! Lost .8 this week after a gain of a pound the week before. Focusing on tracking my food intake this week. Got to get out yesterday and get a long slow run in. It felt good. I wanted to go farther, but it was getting warm out and the dogs weren't running anymore. Took that as a cue to stop. Then last night I walked a lot on the beach back and forth between turtle nests.

Rox, what are you doing to get back on track?
Ana, how are you doing?

Everybody else that's lurking.. what are your workout plans?

yeah, yeah... I'm doing.

going to the gym this afternoon... the sea test in Tampa was depressing, completed the survey ok but killed one of my vehicles.
Matt crushed his ribs on the left side against a weather buoy so I didn't have a gym partner.
This coming week I'm going to Mayport. Will be in a rusted bucket for about 20days, sure takes will power to be motivated there, hopefully I'll have internet access.

wow I guess I'm whining big time... i wanna go home in Pompano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom