2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Keithth! :happywave:

Got up this morning all achy. I was painting a friends wooden fence for a few hours yesterday in the sun. Got home, took a cool shower and a nap.
this morning, my foot still hurt from the mishap the other day (was jogging past the pups playing and they ran into me, knocking my foot to the pavement, tearing off a small hunk of skin), and my inner thighs hurt too. Not sure why... anyways, I decided long n very slow was the ticket. So, slooowwww I went.. An hour later and much sweatier I finished.
My weight is slowly coming off. Getting closer to my goal, one pound at a time.

Hello Jenny, just saw this thread and I like it.

I'm not after losing weight, I want to have more strength and endurance and if I can stop my laziness a little that would be a great bonus.
Darn just ready your routine until the middle of the night with the turtles and then the walks, I already need a nap.

My strategy is to walk at lunchtime, there is a nice long path on base where I work. Then not less than twice a week 1 hour of strength training.

Seems to be very effective until I have to go out to sea for a bunch of days. Then is like the first day all over again when I'm back on land. I'm able to complete the full hour following about 75% of the moves but then I can't move the following 2 days.

So if I follow your rules from the 1rst post, I need to set a goal uh? I'd like to develop upper body strength, in order to get back on board with just my arms, but so far I can't even do a pull-up worth a crap.

(you read all the pages?? wow!!!)

pull ups suck! LOL I hope to be able to do one some day! LOL. I've had some shoulder injuries in the past and now am paying for it. Am working on some free weights and modified pushups.

And thanks for posting on this thread, it seems to wane sometimes.

I got a couple miles in this morning. Was up late last night/early morning with the turtles. Was only planning on walking, but I felt good despite the minimal sleep and decided to do some intervals. Speedy run about 100 yards then walk to complete a 1/4 mile loop. Repeat 8 times. Wanted to do 10, but had a time constraint and left feeling pretty good instead of exhausted.

Reread my first post. Thanks Ana for pointing it out. Well, I didn't reach my goal of 40lbs by June. But I did get 30lbs by June! My current goal is to be at Lifetime goal by Christmas. 135. Got over 25 still to go..

Sounds very doable Jenny.

I wouldn't look at it as 25 to go, is about 5 a month so you could call it a couple a week.

So today is Monday. For Tuesday the 9th you figure a way to get rid of a couple of pounds and I'll find a way to complete my 2 hours of strength training and be able to lift my toothbrush the day after each session.

Deal! Got my weigh in tonight.
You're doing 2 hrs strength training per day? YIKES!!! Sounds like over kill to me!

Whoo hoo!!! Weigh in tonight was my biggest loss yet! Put me just over the -40lbs mark! Since last weeks weigh in, I lost 3.2lbs! I think I will celebrate by doing a good run tomorrow...I want long n slow.....

Congratulations... that puts you ahead on the couple of pounds a week already. That means you may be able to double your goal for this week

Now me. my strength classes are 1 hour sessions. Each hour is conducted by a different trainer and I swear they both were directors of a torture chamber in a previous life.

I actually go to the gym the day before each class to prepare for the sessions. Tonight is class #1 for the week, tomorrow is the 2nd.

Sounds like an awesome class! I need to get some training like that in. Started some weightlifting, but haven't kept up on it. I did notice results almost immediately.

Long slow run this morning. Didn't get started as early as I would have liked, so it was pretty hot by the time I quit. Got in 4.5 miles or there abouts. Took me an hour and 15 minutes to do it.

4.5 miles is quite a bit Jenny!!!

I was trying to figure out the distance I do few times a week at lunch time, with the google earth tool a Matt tells me it is about 3miles, and I don't run just a fast walk.

We should consider a half-way celebration dive for the next time I'm in Pompano, we are hoping to sneak a week or 2 around October.

Back
Top Bottom