2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really need to get back to doing this challenge. Started with the first one years ago, and did well. Since then nothing but a big yo yo. Mostly been on the top end of the yo-yo at that.

Well.. Let's get going!
Glad you came back!

Welcome back!
For myself. I got in my exercise for most of the days this week and did really well on my food choices. I feel like I'm back in a good routine, mentally and physically. I can feel the difference in just a few days! How did every ones week go so far?

So far so good. After the dismal weigh in on Tuesday night where I gained, I have been trying to make better choices and exercising more. I started the day with a bike ride with Hermit Crab to school. Round trip almost 4 miles, then either went running or walking for at least 30 min. Tomorrow, I dive. :)

Well... what's going on around here? No misery posted in many days.

I've done surprisingly good. Work was stupid busy and the boat was worse than typically but I'm up with my activities. I'm still a ways to go on my goal for upper body strength but I'm lifting small UUV's a bit easier.

For the next 10 days I'm skipping work... I'm thinking a little diving, a little kayaking and a lot of napping in the hammock... Jenny how busy are you this coming week? are the turtles still happening?

Hiya Ana, glad to see ya back! 10 days no work..you coming down?:)
Yeah, trying to keep busy. Been sick of this lack of weight loss. Looked at my weekly weighins and have been at the same weight, up a little, down a little since mid July. So, last week I decided I've had enough and I need to get this weight off. Did well. Lost 3.2, did a lot of exercising. This week I've continued. (Weigh in is Tuesday nights), been running and diving. Life is good. Hopefully the scale will agree next week.
Turtle season is over in Hollywood, but there are still nests in Ft. Lauderdale. Heck, a green just came up to lay on Sept. 25, which will make it a Thanksgiving hatchout!:shocked2:

So, I decide to go for a little run this evening. Go to put on my Vibram Five Fingers and can't get my one toe in the little toe pocket. Odd, I thought, I just wore them this morning to church and didn't have any problems. So I take the VFF off to see what's the issue. Oh. Lizard hiding in toe pocket. Thing was about 3" long. And still alive...sigh..

Ended up going for an hour run with pups (sans lizard) in VFF. 9551 steps. Good for just over 4 miles. The air is not as humid, very relaxed, easy pace. Loved it! Tomorrow I have a Dr.'s appointment and will be biking to it.

Very cool Jenny, on my side I'm already in the good side of Florida, tomorrow I'm doing CrossFit with my son. It is going to be brutal I suppose, but getting on the boat as soon as I make it back. Seas may not be great but I'm going out even if I have to turn around at the Inlet.

An to think it was in the 50's this morning up in the Tundra brrrrrr... Seriously they should stop calling the panhandle Florida.... 50nothing should never be a temperature in Florida, unles it happens on a freaky day in January when 95% of the country is knee deep in snow.

Got in an almost 4.5 mile run today.. Slow, slow slow. Won't win any races at my pace, heck, the dogs aren't even tired. But I am. And it feels good. :)

Running all those miles and the dogs are not tired? You need to get different dogs.

This week I've learned to truly hate burpees... Whoever designed that exercise has a twisted sick mind.

Just like you predicted seas have been rough... Been out in the boat but no dives yet, still hoping to sneak in a dive or two.... Meanwhile working on my goal:
"STRONG IS THE NEW SKINNY"​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom