04/04/09 Meet & Greet Planning Thread with Survey for Site

What is your site preference for the 4/4 M&G?

• Breakwater

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MacAbee

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Lovers

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Corral Street

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the Breakwater would be the best place, even if tends to be crowded. It has ample space to setup a gather area and plenty of parking. In addition, there are restroom facilities and is close to a dive shop if any equipment/air fills are needed.

As a back up location, consider the southern end of Monastery Beach. It has a sizeable parking area and restrooms. The beach is large enough that a sizeable gathering is unlikely to over crowd the area. The southern part of Monastery is usually fairly calm.

Coral Street is often too rough to dive and doesn't have much parking since it's on the street. The parking at the point is often taken by tourists.

imho
Claude

I think the Breakwater would be the best place, even if tends to be crowded. It has ample space to setup a gather area and plenty of parking. In addition, there are restroom facilities and is close to a dive shop if any equipment/air fills are needed.

As a back up location, consider the southern end of Monastery Beach. It has a sizeable parking area and restrooms. The beach is large enough that a sizeable gathering is unlikely to over crowd the area. The southern part of Monastery is usually fairly calm.

Coral Street is often too rough to dive and doesn't have much parking since it's on the street. The parking at the point is often taken by tourists.

imho
Claude

Good points and probably the best ideas!

Well, if it's too rough to dive Coral Street, South Monastery will be blown out.

We've had two Meet & Greets at Coral Street and didn't have problems with parking or otherwise. Well, Fred did show up at the first one. :shocked2:

I'll probably meet everyone at Breakwater and decide where to dive, but I won't be diving Breakwater. If it's flat, I'll head down south, either to Monastery or Garrapata State Park. If it's really flat, I'll head down to McWay falls in Julia Pfeiffer SP.

imho
Claude

Sounds awesome Danno. And so people are clear (since I know we have a number of people coming) - where you dive is up to you. I will be diving BW although those falls are beautiful.

Alright Danno, why the falls if its flat... I give.

I will certainly meet a BW and then go from there. However can I make a suggestion?

I know that lots of people have to come from far away lands to there... but 9/9:30 at BW on the weekend will almost certainly guarantee you upper lot parking. Would there be an interest in making the meetup time earlier? If not I may still plan on getting there early and harassing people I know :p.

i'm going to get there early. I'd like a good spot, so I plan on being there at 8.

Myself, Brewski,and a few others will have our travel trailers in the parking lot on Friday night, so no parking problem there, and If anyone needs they can drop their gear off with us in the morning and then park.

Back
Top Bottom