04/04/09 Meet & Greet Planning Thread with Survey for Site

What is your site preference for the 4/4 M&G?

• Breakwater

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MacAbee

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Lovers

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Corral Street

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here we go .... A new thread with a survey to determine where consensus lies for the 4/4 M&G Dive Location. Poll results are confidential and you've got one vote only so choose wisely. :)

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,

Before I cast my vote can you give me a bio on Coral Street diving and perhaps Lovers? Lovers has three sections to it dubbed, Lovers 1,2,3.

I've only dove one section of Lovers and have no idea what can be found at the other two locations.

If you could include approx depth, temps and any other useful info that would be great.

Break Water speaks for itself and I don't think there are many divers that don't know about the abundant fun one can have there.

Thanks,

MG

I can't really provide much information regarding Corral Street as I have never dove there. I will post some links regarding those two dives sites but am, quite honestly, too busy to do anything more. Temps are going to be typical Monterey temps (51-55), etc. Here are links:

Coral Street: Coral Street, Pacific Grove, Wallin's Dive Center Fun Dive
Referenced as being intermediate and above which might be a problem for newer divers, although I am not sure how many we will have (and all are welcome).

Lovers: California Diving News - Dive Spots - Lovers Point
I prefer Lovers 3 which is more exposed, down some stairs and over some rocks, but can be very hard to dive depending upon the conditions. I haven't found much that I love about Lovers 1, and have not dove Lovers 2.

I'm going to agree with Sarah. I'm not in love with Lovers... I've dove 2-3, neither impressed me much and the walk to 2 is brutal. Especially on the way back.

We had a M&G at Coral Street previously, FWIW. I think there are a few dive reports here from that trip.

It's a shallow dive unless you kick out past the edge of the kelp. Bring your snorkel, because of all the places in Monterey, there is a LOT to see in the shallows on the way back in.

Come to think about it, we've had two at Coral Street and one at Lover's 3.

Thanks Danno. His gallery on Coral Street is: http://picasaweb.google.com/dannobee/CoralStreetMGMay10#

I have not dove Coral Street and would not feel comfortable acting a lead. That being said, we'll see what the poll results in. :)

oooohhhh Coral Street is winning thus far. I do hope that there is someone who is planning on attending that will lead the group through entry, exit, etc.

I like the BW for the nice bathrooms. If we go to another site I'll have to bring a porta-potty or wear diapers. (man do I need to get that pee-valve installed) This weekends 1:08 long dive just about burst the bladder. Good thing we had lunch in Torerros right after.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom