04/04/09 Meet & Greet Planning Thread with Survey for Site

What is your site preference for the 4/4 M&G?

• Breakwater

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MacAbee

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Lovers

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Corral Street

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I am going to throw out an idea/suggestion for Sarah/Michelle/M&G Planners. I like to look at these events as an opportunity for two very key things.

1. Make new dive buddies

2. Dive a site thats new to you, or one you dont/wouldnt regularly dive to build familiarity. Or discover a place you never knew was so cool.

So my suggestion/comment/question would be, is there any objection to an informal "wont repeat M&G spot more than 1 time every x meets, conditions permitting"?

Dont get me wrong, I love the metridium fields. With the right buddy and a little planning you can have a wonderful long dive there. However, I agree with the flood of students its hard for parking and walking with all the weight.

Personally I wouldn't be opposed to a say Jade Cove meet and greet some day.

Are newbies welcome? Would love to join the M&G but don't want to be a "nuisance" if you are all a bunch of "old salts".

Well if you were a student of Jim's everyone should worry! er... I mean.. who's offtopic!?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom